Wifi and internet

Wifi and internet

Author
Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 2:31 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Is there no hope of finding functional wifi and internet  in Dublin?
Whenever I am in Dublin I have phone and internet issues, which, as an online English teacher, I cannot afford. My students suffer, my company looks bad, and I look worse, whenever I try to do my work in Dublin.

Do I need to skip Dublin when it comes to sojourning upon the earth? Or is there some kind of trick or knack?
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 3:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Natalie, 

So sorry to hear that you've been having trouble connecting to the WiFi in Dublin! You mentioned that you had both internet and phone issues while you're in the city. Would it be an option to buy an Irish SIM card with data so you can use it while you're here? There is a useful thread called 'Mobile Phone use in Ireland' which might be of interest.

You will also find that libraries, hotels, cafe's and pubs offer free WiFi to their customers, and it is also possible to visit one of the Internet Cafe's. 

Maybe there is another member of the Community with another tip, and if there is anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch! 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 5 May 2019 9:46 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
This reply was a great help Melin. I am planning a blog post on girlsgospel.com about working while on holiday in Dublin. Am I ok to quote you in the piece? 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 May 2019 6:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Tina, 

I'm so happy the information has come in handy, and you are more than welcome to use the information on the Community and quote me. :) 

Let me know if there's anything else you need, I'd love to help! 

Warm regards,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 11 Apr 2024 2:25 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:35 AM Visits: 409
Hi Natalie, 

You could use an eSIM if you're a solo traveler and there is an Irish Company called WiFicandy who offers eSIM services for travelers.
Alternatively if you're traveling in a group, a portable WiFi would work best, it serves 8-10 devices simultaneously with unlimited high-speed 4G data and a reliable network connection on the go. Again, this is also offered by WiFicandy, you can check their website www.wificandy.ie