What's to see & do in Cork?

What's to see & do in Cork?

Author
Posted Wed 13 Jan 2016 3:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 29 minutes ago Visits: 22K
We love exploring new places and take loads of pictures! We visited Dublin last year. Now, we would like to stay in Cork. We heard that there is not much to see, is that right?
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 13 Jan 2016 3:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 29 minutes ago Visits: 22K
Cork is full of interactive attractions to explore, both within the city centre and its surroundings!
The hop-on hop-off bus will take you along the key sites. You can learn about the production and value of butter in Ireland at the Cork Butter Museum, ring the bells at the Shandon Bell Tower, and have an interactive tour of the Cork City Gaol!
The best souvenir from Ireland is surely the gift of the gab, so be sure to kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle, just out side the city. The castle is surrounded by beautiful gardens and trails, so you can easily spend hours exploring the grounds.
If you want to see other magnificent gardens, we suggest that you go for a walk in Fitzgerald Park to enjoy its peaceful atmosphere.
If you are a food lover, do not miss the English Market where you have opportunities to taste many local products. If you also like typical "Irish liquid food", do not leave the county without visiting the Jameson Experience in Middleton. Click here to see 5 more things to do in Cork city.
For a different view of Cork, check out the Cork Sea Safari where you can explore the Harbour. Keep an eye out for dolphins, they have been known to make an appearance on the tour!

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 2 Sep 2019 3:18 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
cork really is beautiful, i wish i could visit it in the future.  
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 17 Nov 2019 2:14 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 7
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Jul 2022 8:22 PM Visits: 12
Things to do in Cork?
There are lot of attractions and things that one can do when in Cork. The list below are the main attractions but not limited to. For more details check out the official Cork Tourism website.
The English Market Cork
Blackrock Castle Observatory
Blackrock Castle Loop
Cork Public Museum
Mother Jones Flea Market
Ballycotton Cliff Walk
Camden Fort Meagher Crosshaven
Everyman Theatre
Fota Wildlife Park
Desmond Castle
Crawford Gallery
Shandon Bell tower for a view
Charles Fort Kinsale
Cork Public Museum & Fitzgerald’s Park
St. Anne’s Church
Cork Butter Museum
Cork City Goal
St. Fin Barre’s Cathedral
Elizabeth Fort, Barrack Street
Cork Vision Centre
Collins Barracks Cork Military Museum
Lifetime Lab
Old Waterworks
The Marina and the Atlantic Pond
Rory Gallagher Tribute
University College Cork (UCC)
Jameson Distillery Midleton
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 23 Nov 2019 11:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)Forum Guru (1.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 18
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 26 Feb 2022 1:58 PM Visits: 60
Cork City is awesome and I also think Cork is very photogenic (hopefully a plus for you since it sounds like you enjoy taking pictures). 

I visit Cork at least once a year for my 'day job' and I've compiled a fairly extensive list of things do do in Cork City. Don't miss visiting the University College Cork campus, one of the most historic and beautiful in Ireland. One of my recent discoveries (recommended by a Corkonian) is Nano Nagle Place. Nano Nagle was a pioneer for Catholic education during the time of the Penal Laws in Ireland. She set up a school for the poor in Cork despite the risks. Today, Nano Nagle Place features a beautiful garden and a brunch place that leans vegetarian (Good Day Deli).

I hope you enjoy your trip to Cork!

Jennifer (aka Dr. J)
Sidewalk Safari Travel Blog
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Dec 2019 3:52 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Great suggestions from everyone! I'm working with Specialized Travel Services, a tour operator based in Cork so I love giving recommendations for things to do! 

Crawford Art Gallery is my first stop when I'm showing people the best of Cork. The Crawford is the old custom house so from a historical perspective, it’s a landmark in Cork. There are some really famous names in Irish art dotted around the building- Louis le Brocquy’s portraits, Jack B Yeats Dublin scenes,Harry Clarke’s stained glass- among others. The cafe in the gallery is also great! 

I personally also love East Cork- I would really recommend the Ballycotton cliff walk and stopping by Ballymaloe House and Gardens! It's run by the Allen family who have a fantastic 100 acre organic farm, hotel and restaurant there! 

There's also plenty to do in the evening in Cork. I recommend Elbow Lane (serving the best steaks in Ireland by my reckoning!) Sin E and Spailipin Fanach have great live traditional music almost every night of the week. 

Thanks,
Deirdre
Specialized Travel Services
https://www.special-ireland.com/

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 10 Dec 2019 6:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello Deirdre,

Thank you so much for sharing all these lovely recommendations and places of interest to visit! :)

Really useful details for future visitors and for everyone who wants to explore the fascinating beauty of Cork!

We'll take note of these suggestions; especially the steaks at Elbow Lane, sounds too tempting! :D

Thanks again for this wonderful collaboration!

Have a great week,

Romina