Causeway Coastal Route

Causeway Coastal Route

Author
Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 11:08 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello everyone.

In a few weeks I'll make a stretch of causeway coastal route, I go from Portrush to the Giant's Causeway.

I would like to know how is the way, if it's a rocky road or asphalt to know that shoes should I wear. 

Thank you

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 4:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
Hola Rocío,

¡Tu plan tiene muy buena pinta!

El camino que estás pensando realizar tiene una mezcla de superficies, ya que depende del tramo atraviesa carretera, terreno pedregoso e incluso playa.

Si quieres más información sobre esa ruta, en esta página puedes descargarte el mapa y datos adicionales.

También puedes descargarte un folleto con información sobre el tipo de terreno en algunas rutas de Irlanda en esta web. Se encuentra en la parte de abajo de la página, y el título es "Enjoy the Great Outdoors - A Guide for Responsible Users"

Esperamos que esta información te resulte útil.

Un saludo,

Marta ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 2:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Rocio,
I am delighted to read that you will be soon be walking part of the Causeway Coast Way. You are very welcome!
Marta has already explained that you will be walking along sandy beaches, tarmac footpaths, sandhills and possibly cliff paths. Comfortable shoes, with a reasonably good grip, should be fine.
I wonder if you have found your way to our website yet. https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/ It contains a wealth of information on the area. By clicking on https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/welcome/maps-guides/ you can access the accommodation guide, a guide on the Causeway Coast Way and also a map and description of some of the major attractions on the Causeway Coastal Route between Derry and Belfast. https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/CCRMap-Spanish.pdf 
I hope the good weather we’re enjoying at present lasts for you and that you have a great trip.
If you should need help in finding accommodation – and it is wise to book in advance - please feel free to get in touch with us in Coleraine Visitor Information Centre.
All the best!
Mary.