Tour Plus Golf

Tour Plus Golf

Author
Posted Fri 27 Jul 2018 3:16 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My wife and I are in our mid 70's and would like to tour Ireland plus play golf maybe two times.  How can we put together a package for some tour (4-5 days) plus 2 rounds of golf in Northern Ireland?

Jack
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Jul 2018 3:36 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Jack,

I would love to help you plan your trip to Ireland. You will need a driver / guide if you do not wish to drive yourself.  There may be restrictions on driving and is why I suggest a guided tour. 

Please feel free to contact me at info@timetraveltours.com

Thank  you,
Ginger 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Jul 2018 4:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)Industry Member (10.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 20 Jul 2022 7:52 PM Visits: 328
Hello Jack.
Can I suggest you contact Lowell Courtney or David Hudson of Lynchpin Golf Tours. They are based in Portrush Northern Ireland Tel;  +44 28 7082 3232. They cover the island of Ireland and are good at what they do.
Web site; Lynchpintours.com 
E mail; lynchpintours@btinternet.com 
Enjoy yourselves.
Conor
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Jul 2018 4:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:02 PM Visits: 2.4K
Dear Jack,

One option for you and your wife might be to to travel the Causeway Coastal Route heading north out of Belfast towards Ballycastle and round the northerly coastline to Portrush.  There are plenty of attractions and scenery to enjoy in the Causeway Coast and Glens region, plus some excellent links golf courses for you to play. 

Two of the best known courses in the area are Royal Portrush Golf Club and Portstewart Golf Club.  Portrush is hosting The Open Championship in July 2019 and has hosted the Irish Open in recent years.  Portstewart hosted the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open Championship in 2017.  Other excellent links courses in the area include Castlerock Golf Course and Ballycastle Golf Course.  For a comprehensive list and information about the area, please visit our web site: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com  

The Causeway Coastal Route connects onto The Wild Atlantic Way at Derry and it is an great way to explore the west coast of Ireland.

I hope you have a super trip!
Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Jack,

Lovely to see you're looking to explore some of our golf courses. I see you have had some great replies already for golfing inspiration from our industry partners.

Driving yourself is a great way of exploring our green isle. Most rental companies will not rent to drivers under 25 but there is no upper age limit. However, if you are over 75, you will be asked to meet additional requirements. These are always mentioned in terms and conditions.

Touring is a lovely way to combine a round or two of golf with exploring Northern Ireland. The Causeway Coastal Route is a great example and there are many ways to combine the Northern Ireland experience with golf, such as the Links and Whiskey tour or you can even put together your own bespoke tour and include a course or two as you explore.

Are there any places in Northern Ireland that you would love to see particularly?

Have a great day,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 29 Jul 2018 4:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Jack,

It's wonderful to hear you are coming to our beautiful Island.  I live on the Causeway Coast and would love to help you plan your trip.  The Causeway Coastal Route has sandy beaches, rugged mountains and beautiful castles all waiting for you to explore. We also have some marvelous links courses for you to sample.  Portstewart, Castlerock and Royal Portrush which is hosting The Open Championship in July 2019.

For more ideas on places to visit check out our Causeway Coast Tour Causeway Coast Tour. We also do bespoke private guided tours.

If I can be of any more help, you can contact me at frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk or 07718805633.

Have a fabulous trip
Frances