Tour di 7 giorni alla scoperta dell'Irlanda

Tour di 7 giorni alla scoperta dell'Irlanda

Author
Posted Thu 16 Aug 2018 5:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Me and 7 other friends spent a week in late July in Ireland, discovering its wonders.
Day 1: 
Arrival in Dublin at lunchtime with direct flight from Bergamo (Italy), we immediately took a bus to Kilkenny (about 2 hours), where we spent our first night at Tourist Hostel. The small medieval town is delightful, I was enchanted in front of the majestic castle that stands along the banks of the river right in the city center, then we enjoyed the sunny day to explore the castle gardens and the quaint streets that branch out in all the historic center. Then we headed to St Canice's Cathedral, a well-preserved and very beautiful medieval cathedral to visit, conveying a bleak but exciting atmosphere.
Day 2:
Wake up at dawn, bus to Cork where we stopped for an hour and then bus to Killarney. A small town in the Irish countryside, very very welcoming and lively, the inhabitants are very friendly and kind. After settling at the Neptune hostel, we walked to visit the famous National park, we took a 3 km path that took us to Ross Castle, an imposing fortress on a large lake that left us all by mouth open, wonderful is to say a little! I recommend a boat trip on the lake and a visit to the castle with the guide. On the way back we met horse and deer and we passed by St Canice's Cathedral, medieval cathedral symbol of the town
Day 3:
Early morning bus to get to the Cliffs of Moher, the famous cliffs, a symbol of Ireland. It is a fundamental step, given their beauty and uniqueness. I transmit a huge sense of infinity and carefree, we were lucky enough to visit them with the sun and it was really worth it.
Then we headed, always by bus, to Galway at sleepzone hostel.
Day 4:
From Galway we took a bus that took us to catch a ferry to the Aran Islands, particularly Inishmor, the largest of the three. It was the best day of the holiday, despite the bad weather, after a nice plate of freshly caught salmon, we hired the bicycles and we traveled around the island, stopping in the large bays to contemplate the green landscapes, the seals and the black ocean. Peace and nature reign supreme, in my opinion I believe these islands represent the REAL Ireland in its wonders and time.
Day 5:
GALWAY CITY
Very youthful and full of life, characteristic and with many attractions. We visited the city center, galway city museum, spanish arch, eyre square and the cathedral. We also bought the typical Claddagh rings.
In the evening we reached Dublin, where we stayed at the Mec Hotel.
Day 6-7:
Visit of Dublin, a city that has conquered my heart for its tranquility and joy, a great European capital but at the same time very livable. We visited:
Trinity college (with guided tour), St. Patrick cathedral, O connel street, Georgian quarter (Grafton street), and large green parks. We also visited the Art Gallery, Dublin Castle, Guinness Storehouse.
It was an indestructible trip, which I advise everyone to do! Bus travel is comfortable, fast and efficient, unfortunately a bit 'expensive. Goodbye Ireland!
Francesco N

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 19 Aug 2018 9:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 13.9K
Ciao, Francesco.

E' un piacere averti tra noi con il tuo racconto di viaggio!

Da questa esperienza si evince chiaramente che sono stati 7 giorni intensi ed affascinanti. Avete scoperto panorami unici, avete camminato tanto e soprattutto vi siete organizzati alla perfezione con i mezzi pubblici. Avete usato qualche 'travel card' in particolare per i vari spostamenti?

Francesco
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 23 Aug 2018 11:09 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
ciao Francesco :)
Purtroppo non eravamo a conoscenza dell'esistenza di una travel card, probabilmente se l'avessimo acquistata avremmo potuto risparmiare un po'. In ogni caso, essendo studenti universitari, abbiamo sempre avuto diritto ad uno sconto sul biglietto mostrando il nostro badge. La parte organizzativa riguardante  gli spostamenti in autobus è stata la più complicata, poichè in internet è difficile trovare informazioni utili sulle tratte (soprattutto quelle meno note) e sui prezzi. Per fortuna, però, con l'aiuto di google maps siamo stati in grado di trovare tutte le linee per i nostri spostamenti e nulla è andato storto, in ogni città abbiamo sempre trovato la stazione degli autobus indicata da gmaps con facilità e la puntualità è sempre rispettata! Gli autisti sono sempre stati gentilissimi a fronte delle nostre richieste di informazioni e ci hanno sempre permesso di depositare gli zaini (che erano le nostre valigie) negli appositi spazi sottostanti. 
Francesco N