Fire Brigade

Fire Brigade

Author
Posted Sat 1 Sep 2018 5:54 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Our small group of 20 are planning a trip to Ireland in August 2019. We would like to tour a large Fire Brigade, a small Fire Brigade and possibly a Fire Brigade museum.

As you can probably figure out by now, many in our group belong to, retired from or are friends of the fire department in our small town in New Glarus, WI USA.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Duane
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 1 Sep 2018 8:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hello Duane,

What an absolutely wonderful way to spend time in Dublin!

I would advise you to contact the Dublin Fire Brigade directly as they will be the best contact point for you to see if it is possible to tour one or more fire stations.

The Dublin Fire Brigade Museum is located in the DFB Training Centre, the O’Brien Institute and I would suggest contacting them beforehand to see if they can provide you with a special tour for your group.

What else would you like to see and do during your time in Dublin, are you organising the whole tour yourself?

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 3 Sep 2018 10:29 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Duane,
I own a travel company called EI Travel. Email me on keith@eitravelgroup.ie and I can help you out here. We have two retired firemen who now are tour guides for us. I was talking to them this morning and we can arrange visits to different stations etc in Dublin and around the country for you,
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Keith