Accommodation for July 2019 British Golf Open

Accommodation for July 2019 British Golf Open

Author
Posted Sun 2 Sep 2018 2:20 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My husband and I are coming over from New Zealand to watch the Golf Open and have tickets to the Friday 19 July and Sunday 21 July BUT we are really struggling to find somewhere to stay. Does anyone know a B&B or other accommodation options that have availability?? We don't want to be driving for hours each day to get there!
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 2 Sep 2018 3:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Chanelle,

How wonderful that you will be over with us for the 148th Open in Portrush next year! We hope that the weather is as good next year as it was this year for the Dubai Duty-Free Open in Ballyliffin. 

We would suggest taking advantage of the excellent park and ride services that will be in place and look towards Derry~Londonderry and Coleraine for accommodation. Please take a look at our approved accommodation search pages for some information on places to stay. I have pre-selected B&B and Derry~Londonderry to get you started. Please feel free to alter the destination to suit your needs. You may also wish to consider other locations in County Antrim, all will have extra public transport services to get people to the wonderful Royal Portrush course.

Another option is the Inishowen peninsula. The Scenic Lough Foyle Ferry service will be in operation and this will take you from Greencastle to Magilligan just along the Causeway Coast and again leads to Coleraine for the park and ride.

Will you be combining your visit with a tour of the island of Ireland? Where else have you planned to see?

I hope this gives you lots of inspiration, and I'm sure your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list!

If you need any more help, just let me know!

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 3 Sep 2018 11:00 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks Martin - Have got a few more options to look at now with those links. Fingers crossed we get some accommodation confirmed soon.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 3 Sep 2018 12:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hello Chanelle,

We are delighted to hear that you are travelling from New Zealand for The Open Championship at Royal Portrush Golf Club. It's great to hear that you have secured tickets for final three days and will be there to find out which golfer wins the Claret Jug in 2019.

Coleraine Visitor Information Centre has an accommodation booking service and we would be keen to help you find somewhere suitable to stay for the duration of your visit.  You may have to be prepared to do a bit of travelling to get to a Park & Ride facility, specially set up for access to the competition, but we would hope to find you somewhere to stay within an hour's drive.  From the Park & Ride it should be a short, relaxing bus journey to Royal Portrush Golf Club. 

Please contact us with the details of your visit and we will do our best to help you.  Our website is: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com and email address is: colerainevic@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.
Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 16 Aug 2019 11:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Chanelle,

We were meant to ask, were you able to find and accommodation and enjoy the Open?