Horse racing

Horse racing

Author
Posted Sun 9 Sep 2018 3:03 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, I'm planning a trip in June of 2019 and just starting the itinerary.
We'd enjoy going to the races, but I can't find when they take place.
We are open to go anywhere, I just want to be in the right town, on the right day to go to a race.
Can anyone give suggestions?
Thank you.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 9 Sep 2018 9:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Paula.

What a lovely idea to go to the races while you're here! The most famous are the Galway Races, and every year they take place on the last Monday of July. How long are you planning on staying with us next year?

There are loads of other racecourses to be found all over the island, with races all year round. The fixtures aren't known yet for June next year, but keep an eye on the Horse Racing Ireland calendar for updates. What else do you have in mind for your upcoming trip? I would love to provide you with more personal tips and suggestions. :) 

Warm regards,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 10 Sep 2018 5:48 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Melin,
Thank you so much.  I've heard about the Galway races, but unfortunately we won't be in Ireland in July.  I've toured before, but my husband  has never been and it's his 70th birthday.   We will probably be there @ 10 days, depending on our schedule.  Friends may be joining us also.  He enjoys fishing, I've been looking into both trout fishing and salmon fishing for him and have been in touch with a guide.  I was thinking of travelling around the county.....staying 2 nights in most locales....Dingle and Dublin for certain.  I've never been to Northern Ireland so that is a possibility.  We will be renting a car for part of the trip....just don't know where to start.  I do want to get a race in and was looking at Leopardstown, but once again not sure of the available dates.  It would be ideal if we could start in the Dublin area for a few days, then rent a vehicle for the remainder of the trip.  I would appreciate suggestions...even favorite sites, restaurants, lodging, pubs, etc.

Thank you,
Paula

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 10 Sep 2018 9:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hello Paula,

What a lovely way to celebrate your husband's 70th birthday! What do you have planned for this special day so far? 

Travelling around and staying in each place for about 2 days is a great idea. This way you have enough time to explore and see everything in the area. You can easily explore the cities on foot or by public transport and rent a car for the countryside trips. 

I have collected some ideas and suggestions for you in this personal scrapbook with itineraries and things to see and do. :) Once you have an idea of the places you would like to visit, you can decide the best route between these locations. 

Let me know if there's anything else you need. I'd love to help! :) 

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Sep 2018 2:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello,
Once again...thank you so much.  I'm sure I'll be in touch as I continue to plan this itinerary and get dates / locations for a horse race!

Paula
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:09 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Hi Paula, 

No problem at all! We're always here if you need anything, and keep us posted on your plans. We'd be more than happy to take a look at our itinerary. :)

Warm regards,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Jul 2019 9:39 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Paula,

We guess that you have now been to our shore and enjoyed some race while you were here.

We would love to hear how your trip went! 😊