First Visit to Dublin

First Visit to Dublin

Author
Posted Thu 13 Sep 2018 9:55 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hoping to stay at an airbnb apartment and use public transportation to get around. Is there a certain area that would be more accessible for transportation and tours? 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:04 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Robin, 

It's so exciting you're planning on visiting Dublin! It's a great city to explore by public transport, and very easy to navigate. 

You can easily plan your trip by using the Journey Planner from Transport for Ireland. Simply select your departure and destination, and all of the available options will pop up. There is a handy public transport card that can be used on the buses, Luas and DART in Dublin, called the Leap Visitor Card which I think might come in handy. 

You can find loads of tours around the city, as well as its surroundings. Take a look here for all of the available tours. Is there anything in particular that you're interested in seeing? I have collected a few suggestions and ideas for your in this personal scrapbook, but would love to provide you with more tips if you need them. 

I hope this was helpful, and keep us posted on your plans! :)

Warm regards, 

Melin 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 17 Sep 2018 11:32 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Not really Robin, to be honest. Dublin is a very small city and so easy to get around. It's a city of walkers, is flat and easy to navigate. There's also a city bike service if you want to get around that way. The city centre is so well serviced by public transport - light rail along the coast to all the lovely coastal villages, Luas tram cross city and to the suburbs, the bus network also really good.  Where are you thinking of staying and I can advise based on options?
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 2 Dec 2018 10:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hello, Robin.

I hope you had the opportunity to visit many tourist attractions in Dublin. Were you able to experience some of the things on your list? If you managed to take any  breathtaking snaps, please feel free to share them with us!

Cheers,

Francesco