Looking for a unique, Irish accommodation within 1 hr of Dublin airport

Looking for a unique, Irish accommodation within 1 hr of Dublin...

Author
Posted Fri 14 Sep 2018 10:21 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My five-year-old daughter and I are coming to Ireland at the end of March 2019. We would like to find a unique, Irish accommodation within 1 hr of Dublin airport. Ideally, we’d like something like a farm stay, but so far none of the farms we’ve contacted have replied to our emails. Any recommendations? We will be going to Ashford Castle for three nights afterward.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 10:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi there!

It's so exciting that you and your daughter will be visiting us next March! Will this be your first time here on the island? :)

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from any of the farms yet. On the B&B Ireland page you can find all tourist board approved Farmstays on the island, as well as their availability via the handy B&B Locator. Simply select the option 'Farmstay' and you can see all of the available accommodations. There aren't that many farms near the city, but you can find a few suggestions below that are within an hour and a half drive of Dublin Airport. 
Would any of these be an option? :) 

What else do you have planned for your visit? I would be more than happy to provide you with some tips and suggestions for the rest of your trip! 

Wishing you a great weekend,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello T.D.

How was your trip to the Emerald Isle? Were you able to find the right farmstay accommodation near Dublin Airport? 

Feel free to share your experiences with our members here, or on the Tell Your Story section of the Community. :)

Hoping to hear from you soon! 

Melin