US Drivers License in Ireland

US Drivers License in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 19 Sep 2018 9:53 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My spouse and I plan to be in Ireland in January 2019 to attend a wedding. I will be 85 years old with a valid Tennessee (US)  drivers license.
Will my drivers license be accepted? Will there be any restrictions?
Appreciate any answer.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 Sep 2018 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hi, Jack.

It's so exciting that you are coming to Ireland in January!

I have collected some threads for you that will be very helpful: both renting a car in Ireland and over 75s renting a car answer to your question on driving license and lots of other questions as well. There's also an article regarding travel by road with plenty of information about our roads which will be of interest to you.

How long have you planned to stay over here?

I hope you find this information useful and if you need any more assistance, I'll be here to help you.

Francesco
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Sep 2018 5:57 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi !!
Thank you for the reply!!
The wedding is in Adare. We expect to be in Ireland a minimum of a week. Looking to do some touristing.
Again appreciate your response.  Hope to the obtain necessary paperwork to rent a car.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Sep 2018 10:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Jack, 

What a lovely location for a wedding! Adare is known as one of Ireland's prettiest towns, filled with thatched roof cottages, flowers and small winding roads. 

As you're located on the west coast of Ireland, you'll find loads to see and do! From County Limerick you can easily venture out to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren in County Clare, Galway, Cork and so much more. :)

Is there anything in particular that you're interested in? We'd love to provide you with more tips and suggestions. 

Keep us posted on the paperwork, and if there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here to help!

Warm regards,

Melin