Trip ideas

Trip ideas

Author
Posted Sat 22 Sep 2018 4:21 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good morning all fellow Irish men and women,

I was very fortunate to travel to Ireland a few years back. It was truly the best experience of my life. I was possibly hoping to return to your amazing emerald Island for St Patrick's Day. What would be the best places to go and make sure to be right in the whole day nights. I have been to Dublin, and quite enjoyed it, but would like to try Galway or smaller areas around there this time possibly.
I did travel to Northern Belfast and it was amazing. I am open to any suggestions on seeing some other parts of Ireland. I would be using the DART or bus to get around.

Thank you in advance for your wonderful ideas and thoughts
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 22 Sep 2018 9:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 10:48 PM Visits: 25.8K
Hi there Alison!

I'm so happy to hear that you've had a great time on the emerald isle on your last visit. It's always so lovely to see such positive reports coming from community members like yourself! 💚

St. Patrick's Day is a most excellent time to visit Ireland as it's buzzing with life and happiness all around. Since you already got to experience it in Dublin, you're certainly aware of what I'm talking about! 😁

Galway does sound like an excellent destination for your next trip. I've been to Galway numerous times myself and always discovered something new and cool on my way. Since you plan to discover the surrounding area as well, you don't just have the opportunity to see the city itself in all it's beauty, but you can also take day trips all around Galway that should be right up your alley. For instance, have you considered the Aran Islands yet? They are especially beautiful at that time of the year and I can highly recommend them!

Connemara is also just around the corner and offers some stunning sights and things to see and do. If you consider visiting Galway, this is another location I definitely endorse and would love for you to have a look at.

If you have a few spare days left, then definitely check out the Cliffs of Moher as well. They are a must see up there and I've been there myself and can vouch for it's stunning atmosphere and beauty!

All of these places are available to see via bus and rail but do consider that it might be worth to check into a hostel or hotel if you plan on really enjoying some areas to their fullest, especially if there is more than one thing to see and enjoy! 😊

I hope this first batch of suggestions and inspirations helps you on the way to planning out the next trip and please don't hesitate to reach out again to the community if you need a bit more info or details about some of the things mentioned or want to explore some other areas more in-depth! We are always here to help and support to make peoples journeys awesome and full of fun and delight!

Wishing you a superb weekend,
Steph

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 10:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 26
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Feb 2022 1:58 PM Visits: 833
Hi Alison
Wow, is it that time already....planning for St Patrick's Day - where does the time go :P
If you are travelling by bus/public transport, Galway will be a great base for you to get around the west during your trip. The Macnas parade is just outstanding year after year, this artistic group really highlights the celtic roots of Irish culture with their wild imagination.
We start sailing to the Aran Islands and the Cliffs of Moher usually just before St Patrick's Day.  The weather can be amazingly good, but it will be cold so be sure to wrap up (you Canadians are well used to a bit of cold...)
One idea could be to use our Galway Day Tour facility, which is a bus/boat tour that collects from many accommodation providers in the city, travels through the Burren to Doolin then departs by boat to Inis Oirr (the smallest Aran Island) and returns under the Cliffs of Moher. After a stop at the visitors centre at the top of the cliffs, the bus takes you back to your pickup point in Galway.
This video will give you a better idea

I hope this helps with your planning Alison, let me know if you have any questions, happy to help
All the best
Joan from Garrihys Doolin2Aran Ferries
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:09 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Alison, 

How was your trip to the Emerald Isle last month? :) We all would love to hear about how and where you celebrated St. Patrick's Day. Where on the island did you decide to go? 

If you want to share more about your trip, we have a special How did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day thread where you can tell us all about it! :)

Warm regards,

Melin