Fannon family.

Fannon family.

Author
Posted Wed 26 Sep 2018 11:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello my name is Tyler. I have a ancestor Bryan Fanning. Who was believed to be born in Ireland. He is believed to have been related to Fannings of Ballingarry Tipperary, Ireland. He settled Amelia county,Virginia. Needing help. He settled Virginia in the 1700s, I believe. Later spelled Fannon.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Sep 2018 2:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Tyler, 

So great to see you've found your way over to the Community! :) Hopefully you'll be able to find out more about your ancestor with some help of our Community experts. 

Have you been in touch with the genealogy centre in County Tipperary yet? Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records, and all the surviving records have been sorted into county based genealogical centres

The name Fanning shows up the most in County Tipperary, with 65 households by that name living there during Griffith's Valuation. Have you ever been able to find any records on Bryan Fanning with a connection to Ireland, like passenger lists or emigration records?

I hope you'll be able to find a piece of the puzzle soon, and if there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to give us a shout! :)

Warm regards,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Sep 2018 2:41 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you. Yeah Bryan Fanning was believed to be born in Ireland according to some research I found. It said he was desended from William Fanning of Kells. He was born in county Connacht. But born in Ireland. His father was a Loughlin Fanning. They end up desending from fannings In Tipperary.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 1 Oct 2018 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
We are at Hotel Minella Clonmel and are 30 Minutes drive from Ballingarry an ideal place to stay if you are tracing your Tipperary Roots
www.hotelminella.com  email: reservations@hotelminella.ie
We will be happy to offer you special accommodation rates if you are coming to Tipperary 
We have self catering accommodation - Minella Appartments let on a 7 night basis 

We look forward to welcoming you to Tipperary