I thought Ireland was all about the whiskey. But I'm hearing a lot about gin. What's going on?

I thought Ireland was all about the whiskey. But I'm hearing a lot...

Author
Posted Fri 28 Sep 2018 2:20 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Yes, whiskey is the best-known of our liquid legacies, and we’re certainly great at creating the finest of blends. But our distilling talents don’t end there. Ireland’s gin is wonderfully diverse and will take you to some wonderful corners of the island.

Along the way, you’ll meet cutting-edge producers who use the landscapes around them to create wonderful bespoke flavours. We’re talking apple orchards, bog myrtle, wild clover, organic rhubarb and pepper dulse seaweed – this last ingredient can only be harvested on a full moon when the tides and Atlantic Ocean work in harmony. Even the humble potato has a role to play – at Ballykeefe Distillery, they use a potato-based spirit to create their gin.

But don’t just take our word for it, there’s a lot more to this story than just the ingredients! So when you come to Ireland, treat your tastebuds with a little tipple from the island’s gin makers.

Has anyone here sampled gin from our little island? Share your experiences below!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/28-09-2018/73744e80-e649-4b8b-b447-17a3.jpg