Want to know my ancestry

Want to know my ancestry

Author
Posted Mon 8 Oct 2018 9:29 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My father told me I am part Irish from his side and my last name that is doyal was spelled and changed from doyle by his grand or great grand parents I want to do a DNA test to find out more but don't know what one to look at for it. I tried ancestry.com but I don't have and can't find all my fathers parents birth certificates if you have any information I can use regarding dna tests I would love to heat about them. Thank you
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Oct 2018 4:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Cory, 

It's so exciting to hear about your Irish roots! Ancestry does indeed offer a DNA kit. Have you tried the paper and document route, by chance? 

Is it possible to try and find your parents birth certificates at your local registry office and archives? This way you can find information from their parents, grandparents etc. until you reach your ancestor who wasn't born in the United States but in Ireland instead. :)

There are some super handy resources and tips in this Helpful Research Thread, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch! 

Warm regards,

Melin