Golf and Children

Golf and Children

Author
Posted Wed 10 Oct 2018 5:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
As my wife and I plan our 1st trip to take the children out of the US, we have chosen Ireland.  And this discussion community has been incredibly helpful to us.  We want our children to experience our love of experiencing the world - up to now they have been spending holiday at the beach.  Our son, who is 10, has started to play golf over the past few years.  He is a beginner and enjoys the sport.  In the US we have golf courses that are only Par 3 where I take him.  On some Sundays, I take him to a full size course after 3 o'clock where he plays with me.  I have him play his first shot from my second or third shot.  Are there any Par 3 courses in Ireland that I could take him or full size course that accommodate children later in the afternoon?  We are in the planning stages of our driving trip around Ireland.  Thank you so much.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 11 Oct 2018 11:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Ron,

Golf is a very popular sport on the island of Ireland, enjoyed by both young and old!

There are many courses that offer 9 holes, practice holes and also pitch and putt facilities. 

Where on the island will you be visiting? 

To help you get started on making a choice, please take a look at our downloadable brochures page, where you will find the Fáilte Ireland Golf Guide 2018. There is plenty of useful information on our courses and details of what they have to offer.

I hope this gives you some inspiration, and I'm sure your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this!

Speak soon,

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 10:20 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Ron

Here is some information on golfing  for Northern Ireland. 

https://discovernorthernireland.com/things-to-do/activities/golf/golf/ 

Par 3 
https://discovernorthernireland.com/Carnfunnock-Family-Golf-Centre-Ballygally-Larne-P8177/ 

There are quite a few 9 hole golf courses.

If you require any further assistanceplease contact us at www.visitderry.com 

Kind regards

Bronagh

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 4:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hello Ron,

Northern Ireland boasts an enviable collection of some of the world's very best golf courses.  In particular, The Causeway Coast and Glens is truly a golfer's paradise, offering a variety of terrains from spectacular, championship links to delightful, parkland courses.

For further information on some of the courses please take a look at https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/todo-results.

Some of the courses do accommodate children so perhaps you might include Northern Ireland and The Causeway Coast and Glens in your itinerary?!

If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact Coleraine Visitor Information Centre or check out our website https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com.

Happy planning!
Alison