Travelling to Ireland on

Travelling to Ireland on

Author
Posted Mon 16 May 2016 10:51 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Sorry to hear you are terrified, too much information is overwhelming!!  Ireland is super safe and people are really friendly and helpful. No need to worry! Dublin is  a very small and compact city and easy to get around, Belfast too. Public transport is really good and reliable and not at all expensive. There's nothing to worry about, only worry about fitting in all you want to seen! You can book all your tours and trips when you get here if you want things to be flexible, it's really not a problem. Some people just like to book in advance and follow a very strict itinerary!
The zoo is in the Phoenix park, and is only a few minutes walk from Heuston Train Station - you can get the luas light rail from Connolly Station to there. You can walk from the Phoenix Park to temple bar in about 15 minutes. You can walk from Heuston Station to the jail in about 15 minutes too. Or you can get the double decker hop on and off bus (buy your ticket on the day, no need to prebook) and it will connect you to all the attractions.
If there's anything specific you want to ask I am more than happy to help you :-)

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 16 May 2016 11:30 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Alison,

Indeed not, we have a gorgeous wee country and everyone is very welcoming, you will have a great trip.

There are loads of Hop on Hop off bus tours within Dublin and Belfast, when I was travelling a few years ago I found these really useful in seeing the great places somewhere has to offer and then you can explore a bit more on your own.

Check out Translink at http://www.translink.co.uk/Translink-Footer/Visitors/ and there is a great visitors pass you can get if your staying 2 or 3 days www.translink.co.uk/Translink-Footer/Visitors/Belfast-Visitor-Pass/

The train runs to Coleraine every hour, and there are some great places to stay in either Portrush or Portstewart rangeing from Hostels to Hotels (see attached welcome leaflet).  If your not thinking of staying in the Causeway Coast (which would be a shame) you can get the 08:10 train from Great Victoria Center, Belfast arriving in Coleraine at 09:40, you can then take the North Coast Tour with ourselves for £35 http://glenara-elite-travel.co.uk/got-tour/ and see all the great attractions in one day, you would be able to get a return train to Belfast at 18:19, or you can be dropped off at your accommodation.

If you need to talk things over to get more clarification, please don't hesitate to call on 0044 28 703 54600.

You'll have a great time :)

Attachments
Welcome Leaflet.docx (833 views, 53.00 KB)
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 28 May 2016 3:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Do I need to get a train pass before I leave from Canada or will I need just a leapcard I would be likely walking as much  as I can but will be going to Malhide howth and than travel to Belfast than to Banbrdige and area to hopefully see ancestors,or find some that may still be alive? Also I will be getting the dublin pass how much does this usually cost,and will I be best to order ir online?Is the dart also included in the leopard? Do I need to buy one everyday or is it good for many days? I leave June 27 and arrive June 28 in your beautiful place.I am so excited to be doing this Thank you for your time
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2016 12:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi there Alison. 

Here are a couple of companies who do day tours from Dublin...if you take one you may also get to the Aran Islands with us?  :) Hope to see you.  Bridgette

www.dublintourcompany.com

www.extremeireland.com

wwww.irelanddaytours.com
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 May 2016 12:26 PM
View Quick Profile
My advice to you is book your Dublin accommodation as soon as possible as this summer is proving to be really busy and many dates are already booked in a lot of B & B's so if you delay, you will ending up staying too far from city centre.
Check us out at Botanic View B & B and if we are full for your dates, I can recommend some other local B & B's and
Guest houses.
Bernie Ryan
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 1 Jun 2016 12:21 PM
View Quick Profile
The leap card is something that I can pay when I get there. It seems to cover full use of the transportation. This is something I can't purchase before I arrive?
Thanks for your help

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 2:56 PM
View Quick Profile
Question I will get the leapcard when I arrive at the airport. However the Dublin pass I am unsure of how it works. The airport shuttle to the city centre when I arrive is that just for the one time when I arrive or can I wait and use it when I depart to go back home? Also there is a amount that varies between 1, 2 3 5 7 day pass. How do I know what one is best for me? I don't want to pay more for a longer pass and not use it or not have enough days? Does this mean I have to use it consecutive with certain days or can I use it whenever I want as long as it is the duration of the amount of days I paid for? Can I pay for extra if I find out I used it before my days were up? Please help.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 2 Jun 2016 6:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you for your replies. I want to definetely do the Guiness storehouse.Old Jamieson Distillery,the Kilmainham Jail, the zoo and the Phoeniz park which I know is in the same place.The Temple bar,St Pathricks Cathedral and Glasevin. Is Dublinia worth going to? I will be going to Banbridge and doing Armasgh and know that I will get to see history with the Vikings? Is there anything that I must see when I have the pas? Are most attractions close to each other, can I walk take a rental bike?

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 9 Jun 2016 12:51 PM
View Quick Profile
I was hoping someome would respons to my last post I am unsure of what amount of days I should get for the dublin pass? Also what is the heritage card is it the same as the leap card I leave June 27 and am super excited 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Jun 2016 12:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Is the Heritage and Dublin pass the same? Should I buy this on line or is it best to buy over in Dublin when I get there