Travelling to Ireland on

Travelling to Ireland on

Author
Posted Mon 13 Jun 2016 12:47 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good morning.
It is getting close when I will be arriving in Dublin June 28 and staying for three weeks.I just wanted to confirm a few things. First of all I need to buy the leapcard and I understabd I can get that at airport ot any local spots? Also will be getting my dublin pass as well I have to get that before I arrive correct. The question is how many days should be good fr me to get it for? three I am staying in Dublin and exploring around the zoo the parks, the famous churches cathedrals, the guiness storehouse the jail,,the jamieson Distillery, Should I be going anywhere else for such things like this. I am staying close to city centre for six days  and also found out there is a market right close to the area,and will be doing a running race at Malhide castle July 3 and want to explore there and howth for a few days? Can I atually rent a bike and get there from Dublin? Than after there will be travelling to Belfast do the giants casueway have not booked yet simply bc I may see other stuff along the way in Dublin,than travel to Banbridge as my grandmother was from there and her parents. Than come back to Dublin get to Galway for a few days do the cliffs of moher and the burren. Stay someonne there. Than want to travel by ferry to Wales for a few days to just explore. Than be back July 21 to Dublin fly out July 22. Is this sound good? Also I don't want to miss the main attractions while here but also want to kinda fall into things along the ways. I also found out I can rent bikes and get around quite easily and even take them on a further trek? I am doing this solo,and will be back packing.I will be getting around the areas by your local bus the dart and walking biking as much as I can. I thank you all for  your wonderful insights,I can't wait to visit your beautiful place and I may never come back.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 15 Jun 2016 2:23 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you for your reply Anneke.Should I just wait and buy the Dublin pass when I arrive at the airport? I did email the website that you gave me and asked them. I am super excited to ride a bike around in Dublin and other areas. I am thinking it is the best way to get around and see all your amazing sites and allow lots of photo taking.What else do  I need to bring with me other than the obvious things? The only places I have no rooms for are Galway and Wales. I opted to just find something when there, becasue I think my plans may change once I see and have locals tell me the hidden gems.Thank you for your time and help in this. I am super excited to be going to your beautiful  place.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 23 Jun 2016 1:06 AM
View Quick Profile
The days are counting down as I am in your beautiful place. I just had a few questions. Do I need to bring large amounts of cash with me or can I use or is it best to use my credit card? Also I will be travelling to Northern Ireland and Wales and understand that they use pounds sterling.So would you think 100 a week for each place would be safe? 
Also I have a digital camera that needs to be charged by using a plug which is a two prong over in Canada? How can I charge this while over there? 

Any last ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. I plan to walk, cycle as much as possible in Dublin and the places I can. I will need to take a bus dart at some point to get to Belfast and Galway.

Looking forward to exploring your wonderful place
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 23 Jun 2016 12:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you for your help. I will pick one up I have a usb powere adaopter and also 3-1 inyernational adapter that one of my friends gve me. 

I will being small amounts and use card for day trip tours?

I hear your beautiful place is having great temp of weather. I also will be prepared for the sudden changes in the weather, that I am looking forward to. Do you think I need a heavu rain poncho. I am a letter carrier back in Canada and we have a poncho that covers the entire body.

I am excited and nervous as this is my first trip solo
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 23 Jun 2016 1:10 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you Anneke, 

I am looking forward to doing this trip solo just a little nervous of doing it. I am very excited to get to explore your beautiful place.I know I will be enthralled in everything I see. Shall I find a new place there? My bet is I will fall in love with Ireland and want to move there.Ha.

I am prepared for the change in the weather, I will bring a lighter rain poncho so I will not be travelling with heavy stuff in my back Pack. I just don't want to carry alot of clothes as I can always wash them. But at the same time I want to make sure I have enough for three weeks.

Look forward to my remarkable journey and adventure soon

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Jun 2017 11:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Good evening fellow travellers and Irish beautiful people I was hoping to get some info on if it would be possible to live in Ireland during my Canadian months  when we have winter? What would I have to do and is this possible? I do not want to upset or engage in anything negative from people in your wonderful place you call home.I want to live in Ireland and relise this may not be possible or quite a feat to do? I was in your beautiful country in June of last year and fell in love with it but big surprise there?Any info would be helpful if I have crossed a line or anything please forgive me. I do have Irish in me but unfortunetly my grandmothers parents came from Banbridge  and it was back in the 1900 Thank you for all that took the time to respond. 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 30 Jun 2017 3:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello, John!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with Irish Ferries.  Were you able to get a response from them yet with regards to your experience?  They would definitely be the best point of contact in this situation.

Best wishes,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 30 Jun 2017 3:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello, Alison!  

It's really great to hear from you again!  Delighted to hear that your time spent on the Emerald Isle last year has you interested in relocating to the island.  This isn't something we would have a great deal of information about, but I can certainly point you in the right direction to find what you're looking for!

The Citizens Information website has quite a lot of information with regards to Moving to Ireland, and what would be required throughout the process.  I hope this helps!  

Feel free to share more about your trip last summer, we would love to hear a little bit more about it!

All the best,

Colin

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Jul 2017 3:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you Colin I will get n touch with the link you told me to. I was just trying to get a feel for what the Ireland folk would say about it. Is this something that would be easy or not so easy. 
I will  write more on my wonderful journey on your beautiful island 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Jul 2017 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Alison,

You are very welcome!  I haven't had much experience myself with regards to relocating, but of course, many people do it and are certainly glad to have been able to make Ireland their home and I hope that you will also be able to fulfil your dream to live on the Emerald Isle!

Feel free to create a new thread and share your previous experiences on the island with us.  We love hearing some fantastic stories and cannot wait to hear yours!

Many thanks,

Colin