Staying in Ireland in January 2019

Staying in Ireland in January 2019

Author
Posted Sun 21 Oct 2018 10:40 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello,

I am thinking of taking my daughter to Ireland this coming January for her College Graduation gift.  She has always wanted to see Ireland.  We would like to be able to see your country from a "locals" point of view - the best small places to see, eat, shop, etc.  However we do want to see a few "touristy" things - Book of Kells, etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I know this isn't very specific and we are not sure where we would fly into - we are coming from the US.  Thank you all.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 22 Oct 2018 3:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Janet, 

What an amazing graduation gift for your daughter! It's wonderful that you want to explore the Emerald Isle together to celebrate, and I would love to point you in the right direction for some insider tips. :)

To start off, I suggest making a list with all the things you would like to see and do, and then base your route on that. How would you like to make your way around the island? Are you thinking of going on a tour, or do you prefer to hire a car and drive yourself? 

You can find lots of ideas for your visit on the Trip Hub page, with everything from Off the beaten track destinations to connecting with the locals. On the flights page you can find all of the available flights routes and which one will suit best to your trip. 

Do you have an idea of how long you would like to stay with us? If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're always here to help.

Happy planning! :)

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Dec 2018 11:53 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hey Janet,

Brilliant, I'm sure no matter what you will have a fantastic time. Just to give you some ideas off the beaten track up in Northern Ireland. There are lots of amazing things to do up on the North Coast around Portrush. Incredible Clifftop walks that will leave you stunned (I lived in Hawaii for several years and this Coastline, while definitely not tropical is just as beautiful if not more). My favorite things, among many others, are the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, an ancient fisherman bridge in Ballintoy, surfing and discovering the Causeway Coast from a unique perspective during a paddleboard lesson and cliff and cave tour in Portrush. For further questions please don't hesitate to contact Hanno from Alive Surf School in Portrush, Northern Ireland. 

Mobile: +44(0)793 595 2532
Email: lessons@alivesurfschool.com

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/05-12-2018/5a75ede2-653a-4d6d-ad0a-c36d.pnghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/05-12-2018/2f47615b-a157-4b5c-aba9-6e76.pnghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/05-12-2018/289f601d-08f0-4485-8390-905c.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Dec 2018 3:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Janet

What a lovely gift for your daughter's graduation. One that will hold fond memories for both of you forever. May I suggest that you stay in B&B accommodation when you visit Ireland in January. 

Our selection of over 800+ quality-assured Bed and Breakfast homes are located in city, town and countryside locations and will offer you the perfect way to see and capture the true spirit of Ireland.

The B&B Experience

Our B&B host provide a warm and personal service and you will feel at home from the moment that you arrive. With their local knowledge, B&B hosts will ensure that you don’t miss out on any of the must-see sights. From the most popular tourist attractions to the lesser known hidden gems, your hosts will be able to help shape your holiday in Ireland. 

Use our B&B Locator Map to help you find the locations in Ireland that you would like to visit.

B&B Locator Map

I hope that you have a wonderful trip.

Kind regards
Claire
B&B Ireland