Working Vacation - Moving for 1-2 Years

Working Vacation - Moving for 1-2 Years

Author
Posted Wed 24 Oct 2018 2:41 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi there,
I am planning on moving from Canada to Ireland in the spring of 2019 and I had a few questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with. I already know about the working permit agreement that Canada has with a handful of countries (including Ireland) that is eligible for certain age groups (18-35) and for 1-2 years, but I was curious if I am able to travel outside of Ireland during that time and still maintain the visa status. So if I were to travel to a country on the mainland of Europe during my time working and living in Ireland, would I be legally able to come back to Ireland and continue working? 
Is there a community online somewhere of "Expats" who are living in Ireland and moved from other areas of the world? I was hoping to find some sort of connections before we head over there in the spring. 
Is there anywhere that I can email questions to that someone would be able to answer with correct information so that every time a question arises I can figure out the answer? I am trying to be as thorough and organized as possible for this trip because it is a huge, life-changing opportunity for us and I want to do it correctly.
Please let me know.
Thank you,
Katie
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 24 Oct 2018 10:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Katie,

It's wonderful to hear that you will be joining us here on the island of Ireland for a couple of years! A super exciting time in your life and you are most welcome. Fáilte!

There are indeed expat websites which may be of interest to you as a means of gaining information and asking specific questions. There is InterNations and also ExpatExchange who have information pages on Ireland that you may wish to take a look at.

With regard to specific visa information and rules, please contact your local Irish Embassy who will be able to answer your questions regarding movements when you are here.

Have you decided where on the island of Ireland you will be relocating too?

Please feel free to ask about things to see and do during your time with us, I'm sure our fellow members and industry partners will be able to help you with some suggestions as well.

Speak soon,

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 13 Sep 2019 1:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Katie hi,

We maybe able to help. Our Working Holiday Ireland social media feeds are updated daily with cool and interesting things to see and do around Ireland, plus we also advertise job openings and you can connect with other like minded travellers.You are free to check us out by clicking the following links

https://www.facebook.com/WorkingHolidayIreland.ie/
https://twitter.com/Work_Hol_Ire

Enjoy,

Adrian
Working Holiday Ireland