When is the best time of year to travel to Ireland?

When is the best time of year to travel to Ireland?

Author
Posted Thu 6 Dec 2018 7:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I was just wondering when the best time of year is to travel to Ireland. I want to visit someday and be there when the weather is nice and it is not raining or any type of weather like that. 
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Dec 2018 8:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Ha Megan,

Leuk dat je onze Community gevonden hebt!

Because of the influence of the Atlantic Ocean, Ireland doesn’t have extreme temperatures, which results in a lovely mild climate. The average temperature is of  16°C in summer and the coldest at 5°C in winter.

You'll find something wonderful, no matter what time of year you visit. The summer months are considered peak season, with longer evenings and higher temperatures.  Autumn and spring are mid-seasons for travellers. In autumn the leaves make for the most spectacular views when they change colour, and in spring you can see the adorable lambs jumping around in the fields. As for winter, nothing beats a walk in the crisp outdoor air, and you can warm up next to the fire with a warm drink afterwards.

It does rain in Ireland, but our island wouldn’t be as green without it. :) We always recommend wearing layers while you’re here, with a waterproof one on top. Luckily showers don’t usually last that long, and you’ll be enjoying the sun again before you know it!

We'd love to hear what parts of Ireland you're thinking of visiting!

En als je liever in het Nederlands schrijft, dan kan dat ook hoor. :)

Hartelijke groeten,
Cornelia

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 8 Dec 2018 9:21 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you for the information. I was planning on visiting Dublin and Mullingar.
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 9 Dec 2018 10:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 12 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Graag gedaan Megan!

I'm delighted to hear that you are planning to visit Dublin. I have compiled information about the city and its surroundings in this personal scrapbook.

Here's also some information on Mullingar and County Westmeath

Please let us know how your plans are coming along. 

Vriendelijke groet,

Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 10 Dec 2018 11:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Megan,

They say there is no bad weather in Ireland, just bad clothes! Our weather is quite varied but it can't be helped so I would pack : 
Waterproof jacket with a hood
Waterproof hiking boots 
Shorts or light trousers (something that will dry quick if you do plan on getting out walking and you happen to get wet), save the jeans for city walks or night life.
A jumper (sweater) for breezy days
Then you are pretty much all set for any weather.
We can get some gorgeous days in December and January as much as the Summer, don't hesitate, just book your trip and don't worry about the weather, you'll still have a great time here!
Sandra.