The best ideas for the order of places to visit

The best ideas for the order of places to visit

Author
Posted Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:55 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, I'm in the planning stages for a trip in May/June of 2019. I would arrive in Dublin stay there for 2 days. I also want to visit Blarney Castle for 1 day, Cliffs of Mohr for 1 day, Galway (Patriarch side) for 1 day, Westmeath (Matriarch side) for 1 day, Cobh, Tullamore for the National Shooting Center of Ireland for 2 days, return to Dublin for 2 days. 
I'm not sure what the best/most efficient order to reach all these locations?  I've been told Air BnB would be my best option for getting spot accommodations. Any thoughts, recommendations would be appreciated!

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 14 Dec 2018 11:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 27
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:35 AM Visits: 76.6K
Dag Kevin,

It's great that you are planning a trip to the Emerald Isle! It sounds like you have already figured out the places you want to visit.

For your itinerary, I could for instance recommend that you to drive first from Dublin to Galway with a 3 days stopover in Co. Westmeath and Tullamore. Then, you can follow the Wild Atlantic Way south to the Cliffs of Moher and finally reach County Cork (Blarney Castle and Cobh), before going back to Dublin. Another option would be to drive straight to Galway and visit Tullamore and County Westmeath towards the end of your trip.

Here's a segment of the Wild Atlantic Way that includes Galway and the Cliffs of Moher that you might find of interest.

Speaking of accommodation, I invite you to have a look at our search engine. You can display the results on the map, which is convenient to prepare your itinerary.

I'd love to hear how your plans are coming along. Have you already planned what you'd like to see and do during your 4 days in Dublin?

Vriendelijke groeten,

Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 15 Dec 2018 8:09 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Kevin,

Have you considered camper hire providing your accommodation and transport in one? It certainly takes the headache out of booking accommodation and gives you the freedom to move around at your own pace. Lays Days VW campers are warm, reliable, and very economical - ideal for trouble free touring and camping. Their small size makes them easy to drive, ideal for negotiating Ireland’s typically small roads, towns & villages.

We are very happy help you plan a truly unique holiday.  We have lots of trip ideas, recommended routes, destinations, and campsites to share with you. We are always only a phone call or email away and are happy to help you throughout your booking and holiday experience. We are happy to help you plan your route and choose campsites along the way. Like Antoine we would also propose a counterclockwise route route starting in Westeath & Tullamore before traveling south along the Wild Atlantic Way from Galway, via the Cliffs of Mohar to Cork, Cobh and Blarney.

After dropping your camper back to Lazy Days you could AirBnB in Dublin for your last 2 nights!

If you like the idea of meandering around Ireland in a gorgeous VW Camper we would be very happy to give you more detailed advice and can also recommend our favorite campsites along your route. Just drop me a line at sue@lazydays.ie

Happy planning!
Sue

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/15-12-2018/6651c5ea-235d-4948-b811-4656.jpg