Football and Gealic sports in Brexit weekend (30 and 31st of March)

Football and Gealic sports in Brexit weekend (30 and 31st of March)

Author
Posted Sat 15 Dec 2018 7:18 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I try to find Gaelic sports- or footbal- fixtures in the last weekend of March '19 (30th or 31th of March). I can't find anything on the webpages of these sport organisations (GAA and Irish Football organisation).

It seems that all sport competitions end the 24th of March or start the weekend of the 6th or 7th of April. 

Please help me finding sport events on the 30th or 31th of March

Kees van den Assem
Tags

GAA
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 15 Dec 2018 10:59 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Dag Kees,

Wat leuk dat je ons gevonden hebt!

You're in luck! The Allianz Football League Finals (3&4) are on 30 and 31 March, and the Masita GAA All Ireland Hurling Post Primary Schools Finals are on 30 March. The Master Fixtures List was published just last month by the Gaelic Athletics Association.

I would also advise you to keep an eye on local and regional newspapers once you've arrived for local games and fixtures and any changes to scheduled fixtures.

If you're interested in other sports, there is also our events search engine which has a subsection for sports and is updated regularly as new events are published.

What places on our green isle will you be visiting when you're here?

Warm regards,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 15 Dec 2018 4:59 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Cornelia, actually my official (passport) name is Cornelis, but in Holland all Cornelis(sen) are called Kees or Cees.

Thank you for your answer. Yes it really helps a lot. For Croke park I do not know how to get tickets. There website doesn't mention the dates etc.
May I get back to you on a later date to ask about Gaelic sports?

Thanks and season greetings
Kees
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 15 Dec 2018 7:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Ha Kees,

Wat leuk, we hebben dezelfde naam! :cool:

Tickets for the GAA All-Ireland Hurling and Football finals are allocated to the county boards and the clubs and not available for sale to the public through the usual outlets. Many places will be putting on events around the football final though, so nearer the time it will be possible to find an event or place where the final is being celebrated and where you can watch it surrounded by other fans.

Je mag altijd hier terug komen om vragen te stellen hoor en dat mag wat ons betreft zowel in het Engels als in het Nederlands. Het is zeker de moeite waard om alvast de online kranten van de plaats waar je heen gaat op te zoeken en het nieuws daar in de gaten te houden voor wedstrijden en evenementen rond de finales, of voor lokale wedstrijden.

Have a great holiday season,
Cornelia

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 17 Dec 2018 10:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Kees,

There are GAA matches played throughout the country every weekend at a local level within clubs, they are usually on the Club websites, these won't be announced until much closer to the date though. The Senior Football and Hurling Championship are during the Summer months but in March you should get to see a local match no matter where you are travelling in Ireland.

Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 17 Dec 2018 3:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Thanks Sandra, I will keep my eyes on websites. From Friday 29th to Saturday 30st of March me and my friends staying in Warrentown (historical reasons) Mainly we like to travel max 1.5 hrs from Warrenpoint and Belfast. So we can stay in or being close to Belfast, where we will be staying for 1 or 2 nights (also historical reasons)

Regards
Kees
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 17 Dec 2018 3:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Kees,

Warrenpoint is a beautiful place to stay, you will thoroughly enjoy your stay there. The views out to Carlingford Lough are magical and I'm sure you know that this area inspired CS Lewis to write of the land of Narnia.
There is a big Gaelic club, St Bronagh's in Rostrevor, which is only a couple of miles around the coast from Warrenpoint, their website is www.rostrevorgaa.com
You could contact them directly and I'm sure they'll help you.
Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 17 Dec 2018 4:32 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Kees, 

It's lovely that you're planning on staying in Warrenpoint! It is a beautiful area, and I highly recommend the scenic route when travelling to Belfast called the Mourne Coastal Route. :) 

Sandra has given you some wonderful tips, and if you're interested in going to a Gaelic match in Belfast as well, keep an eye on the GAA Antrim page. There aren't any fixtures there yet, but they will be announced in the course of the new year. 

If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here to help! :) 

Vriendelijke groeten, 

Melin