Attractions near Dublin

Attractions near Dublin

Author
Posted Sat 12 Jan 2019 4:21 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am planning to return to mainly Dublin for about 4-5 nights at the end of March or early April.  I would not be driving a car so are there ways/tours to go to attractions near Dublin such as Newgrange or even Belfast for a day? 
Would appreciate the information.  Also,  are there enough things to do in Dublin to warrant a 4-5 day stay? 

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 12 Jan 2019 3:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 9 hours ago Visits: 13.9K
Hi, Kerry.

There are many things you can do in Dublin and out of town. I am happy to give you the information you need to spend a fantastic time on our Emerald Island.

Dublin is a great place to start your trip. You will find loads of things to see and do and some highlights include the Guinness Storehouse, (a brewery experience that tells you everything about the famous beer, Guinness), the Trinity College that is home to The Book of Kells (a decorated manuscript dated back to 800 AD), Kilmainham GaolDublin Castle, St Patrick's Cathedral, built in honor of Ireland’s patron saint, and more.
Besides, it's the perfect base for some wonderful day trips to Ireland's most beautiful sightseeing spots. Very close to Dublin we have a lot of lovely and historical places and I would recommend the 5000-year-old tomb of Newgrange and of course Glendalough, located in County Wicklow, well-known as the "Garden of Ireland".
We also have a great selection of ideas throughout our website in regard to day trips from Dublin and, during your stay in the city, you might be also interested in visiting a few museums such as:
The Dublin Pass is a sightseeing city card for tailor made journeys: you can buy a pass for one or two days and you're entitled to free entry to many attractions. Moreover, you can travel around Ireland by public transportation.

Belfast is also beautiful city that you could include in your itinerary. It's roughly 2 hours and a half far away from Dublin and here you can visit the Titanic BelfastBelfast Castle and take a tour to see the famous murals with The Black Cab Tour.

I hope that other members of the community have additional ideas and suggestions to share with you. Let me know if you have more questions and please keep us updated on your trip.

Kind regards

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 11:42 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Good morning Kerry 
Hope you are looking forward to your trip to Ireland and if you looking for some very interesting activities please see below a link to attraction and day tours we offer - 
www.irishwhiskeymuseum.ie/
www.irishdaytours.ie

All details including how to book are on our website. 

Regards

Eremy
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 12:31 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Kerry, there's plenty to do for 5 days in and around Dublin but it seems a bit of a missed opportunity not to venture up to Belfast or across to Galway for a night or two! Both cities are around 2 hours from Dublin and easily accessible by public transport. Depending on your interests there's plenty to see and do in all 3 cities. Loads of companies run day trips - check out Wild Rover Tours and Paddywagon for their options. Is there anything specific you enjoy - hiking/outdoors, history, art, music, sport? I could advise more if I know what you'd enjoy. There'll be loads on around that time, after St Patrick's Day and before Easter. 
Enjoy!
Áine