New Accommodation - just outside Belfast and less than two metres from the sea!

New Accommodation - just outside Belfast and less than two metres from...

Author
Posted Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:43 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello community,  I am new to this forum, but wanted to tell you all about the only Coastguard Boat House on Belfast Lough (located in Whiteabbey, less than ten minutes from Belfast) available to rent as a holiday let.  Open for bookings and although we are new hosts, the building we have converted dates back to the 1830s - built by the English as a defence against the smugglers and gun runners funding the United Irishman revolution here. Many original features have been retained including a barred window, boat rigging and hooks - and the view across the Lough, taking in Harland and Wolfe, but also the old coal pier once essential to the Linen Mills in Belfast. And there is ship wrecks available to explore at high tide via a tide clock. The Coast guard Boat House is the white building in the picture below - and yes, the waves tickle the windows during storms we are that close! More Information here or On Airbnb
I'd love to get some comments from the international visitors about what we are doing and anything they would like to know about this period of Irish history.
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-01-2019/1c41e686-81bd-479c-867b-e09a.jpg

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 18 Jan 2019 12:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:33 PM Visits: 14.7K
Hi, Carol.

I'm so glad that you joined the Community!

Thanks for sharing the Coastguard Boat House on this forum. It's lovely to see this old building has been converted in a B&B but still keeps its architectural and historical integrity.

Also, I can see from the map that is close to some great attractions such as The Gobbins PathBelfast Castle and Belfast Zoo.

I wish you all the best!

Francesco