Searching For Information on the family of Joseph Highfield

Searching For Information on the family of Joseph Highfield

Author
Posted Sun 20 Jan 2019 2:43 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am coming to Ireland in June of 2019. I am interested in finding information on the family of Joseph Highfield. I believe his date of birth was in 1738 and possible year of death was 1798. 
His children were: John, Joseph, Sarah and Josephine.

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 20 Jan 2019 4:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Wendy,

June is always a super time to visit, the days are at their longest and the weather is warming up nicely!

It looks like you have started well with your research managing to trace Joseph back to 1738. Which part of the island of Ireland does he come from?

As you may or not know, before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records; while some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres. This makes it very important when tracing family history back before this date.

I'm also hopeful some of our Industry partners and fellow members will be able to offer some advice too.

Speak soon,

Martin