Transportation to and from the airport to Dublin city center

Transportation to and from the airport to Dublin city center

Author
Posted Mon 21 Jan 2019 11:29 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I actually have several transportation question. 
I will be staying a Buswells's Hotel on Molesworth St.  Will I be able to access the Bus transport pick up to & from the Airport to near this hotel?
How late does the DART line run if I wanted to visit Howth and stay for supper?  Where do I get on the DART station to do that?
#3 Are-the green hop on/off buses  the best way to navigate through City Center?  Is that the same as a red or blue tour bus?  Does the green bus offer tours or just transportation?
#4  Is it possible to arrange a Trinity college tour without going to the Book of Kells?  I noted that the Trinity college tour is only on Sat and Sundays in April.  We were thinking of seeing the college tour then go back to Book of Kells on Monday when it might be less crowded.  Sound like a good plan?
Thanks.
Kerry

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 10:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 18
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 14 Dec 2023 3:10 PM Visits: 240
Hi Kerry, 

How are you? Great to hear you are coming to visit Ireland. We have a blog post on how to get from Dublin airport to the city centre for our guests which we hope might answer some questions you have regarding transport around the city. We have bus numbers and information if you want to take a look at it. https://vagabondtoursofireland.com/how-do-i-get-from-dublin-airport-to-dublin-city-centre/. 

Hope this helps with the transport questions. 

Kind regards,

The Vagabond Team 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 12:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Kerry, 
  • Aircoach, Route 700 (Leopardstown Route). The nearest stop is Dublin City Centre - Kildare Street, which is adjacent to Molesworth Street where the hotel is located. 
  • Dublin Bus, Airlink Route 757. From Dublin Airport, the nearest city centre stop is on Upper Merrion Street (opposite the Natural History Museum). Buswells Hotel is approximately a 10-minute walk from there.
A visit to Howth is a wonderful idea, and you can take your time to enjoy your supper because the last DART back to Dublin leaves just before midnight. Take a look here for where to hop on the DART, timetables, tickets and more

Both the green and the red Hop-on-Hop-off buses offer tours along the city's most famous sightseeing spots. For an overview of all the available city tours, check out the Visit Dublin page here.

Are you looking at the Guided Tours of Trinity College Campus? You can always come back later on Monday if there are a lot of other visitors going to the Book of Kells and the Long Room. I definitely recommend taking the time to see everything, as it is very special! :) 

If there is anything else you would like to know, please don't hesitate to get in touch! 

Warm regards,

Melin