Can an Indian National with EU Residence Permit need to apply for a separate visa?

Can an Indian National with EU Residence Permit need to apply for a...

Author
Posted Fri 25 Jan 2019 9:14 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I want to come and tour Ireland for a few days. Is it possible for me to get entry on the basis of my Portuguese Residence Permit valid for a year?
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 25 Jan 2019 9:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Ahmad, 

It's so exciting that you are thinking of touring around the island! :) Is there anything in particular that you would like to see or do while you are here?

In this case I recommend that you reach out to your local Irish Embassy for more information, as they will be able to tell you exactly what kind of travel documents you need. You can reach the Embassy in Lisbon directly via the contact details on the following page.

Feel free to post any questions you might have around planning your trip here. Our members would love to provide you with tips, suggestions and ideas. :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 26 Jan 2019 12:02 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I would be interested in visiting any part of the Island that allows me Visa on Arrival or Visa free temporary access. Looks like one doesn't exist and I am out of the pages in my Indian Passport. So I will have to get a new passport before visiting Ireland. Thank you for your help.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 26 Jan 2019 3:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Ahmad,

I hope everything gets sorted, and that we get to welcome you soon. :)

If there is anything you would like to know, or if there's anything that you need to plan your trip, please don't hesitate to reach out here. 

Warm regards,

Melin