AirBNB in Ireland

AirBNB in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 7:38 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am planning to book 3 weeks in September, October in AirBNB properties and wonder if anyone knows about the new rules, laws that will be enacted in June. If indeed they have passed regarding licenses  or permits. I'm not sure and owners of properties aren't either. Should I just book hotels instead? I do have time for sure. But want to plan and secure places in Dublin and west coast. I'd appreciate any comments.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Mary, 

It's so exciting that you'll be here for 3 whole weeks in September! What do you have planned for your time in Dublin and along the Wild Atlantic Way so far? :)

The new short term rental regulations seem to be only focused on Airbnb, and not tourist board approved accommodation on the island. On the following page you can find all of the recommended places to stay, and if you reach out to them directly they would love to tell you more about the options. There are several types of accommodation to choose from, from unique hotels to cosy B&B's. Simply select the name of the place, and all of the available options will pop up. 

I hope this was helpful, and please don't hesitate to reach out here if there is anything else you need! :)

Warm regards,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 3 Feb 2019 7:34 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
I asked specifically about Airbnb in Ireland. I have booked all reservations with Airbnb properties in Dublin, Sligo area, Doolin area Killarney area and Wicklow area. Question is should I book hotels instead???? Having a problem getting answers to this questions.
Is Airbnb going to be viable in Ireland after June 2019?
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Mary,

Thank you for the clarification! I'm so very sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time finding this information, but I'd be happy to help however I can. 

Unfortunately, the regulations change regarding Airbnb properties may affect different Airbnb's depending on ownership, which makes it a wee bit difficult to offer a yes or no answer. I do apologize for that. What I would suggest is reaching out to Airbnb via their contact page to see if the regulations change might affect your reservations. 

If they do or if you aren't comfortable with maintaining any of your reservations, please do let us know if you need any recommendations. We'd be more than happy to point you to some lovely places to stay. 

Wishing you the very best,

~Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 3 Feb 2019 9:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you, I have contacted owners and they aren't sure what's going to happen. So, I need to be patient and wait and see.