I want to make my trip to Ireland special, what kind of unusual accommodation do you have?

I want to make my trip to Ireland special, what kind of unusual...

Author
Posted Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:04 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
If you’re looking to make your holiday to Ireland special, then you’ve come to the right place. Forget hotels and countryside cottages, Ireland can offer you something a bit more exciting than that. Think medieval castles, grand manor houses and even a lighthouse or two! The only difficult decision is where you want to stay first.

For those who want a touch of luxury, there are plenty of castles and opulent manor houses for you to choose from. Head down to County Mayo for a stay in the five star Ashford Castle. Built in the 13th century, its previous owners include Benjamin Guinness, the grandson of the founder of the Guinness brewery. Award-winning and luxurious, a stay here is the height of indulgence.

For something that’s a little more quirky, you can stay in one of Ireland’s many lighthouses dotted along the coastline. Take a trip to County Clare and you’ll find Loop Head Lighthouse waiting for you. Here you can stay in the original Lighthouse Keeper’s home, and take full advantage of the sweeping coastal views – you can even take a trip up the lighthouse tower for an unforgettable view of the dramatic Wild Atlantic Way.

Loop Head Lighthouse isn’t your only option. Head to County Wicklow for the Wicklow Head Lighthouse. This self-catered lighthouse may look simple on the outside, but everything you need is provided. The arched windows show off the stunning Irish sea, and you can fall asleep listening to the sounds of the waves lapping at the foot of the rocks beside you.

If you want to get closer to nature, why not try the Finn Lough Bubble Domes in County Fermanagh? Surrounded by nature, you’ll feel like you’re in a different world in these transparent domes, allowing you to unwind and truly relax in one of the most beautiful places on the island. You may be in touch with nature but comfort is at the forefront of this accommodation. With four poster beds, snuggly robes, and a daily breakfast, it’s easy to sit back and enjoy your time in these unique rooms.

Don’t want to stay in one place? Ireland has the answer to that. Take to the water and stay in a custom-made riverboat, and explore County Leitrim’s countryside via the Shannon River and Lough Erne from your holiday home.

Can our community members recommend any other unusual accommodation for visitors to try? 

Tags