Rev. William Webb Raymond

Rev. William Webb Raymond

Author
Posted Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:39 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I'm seeking information on the Rev. William Webb Raymond (1827 -1896), vicar, Ballyseedy (1857 - '69), rector, Kilflyn (1869 - '81), especially in his time as a tutor to Lord Horatio Kitchener, when he as a boy still living in , or around Tralee. I'm wondering if Rev. W.W. Raymond's papers that would contain an attendance list of the pupils that he tutored at the time that he was tutoring the boy Horatio Kitchener, are still in existence. This would be between the years 1855 - 1863. Any help in my quest in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian H. 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Feb 2019 5:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Brian, 

I'd love to see what I can do to point you in the right direction. :)

Have you by any chance already checked out the Catholic Parish Register for Ballyseedy from the National Library of Ireland (NLI)? You can find more information and resources there. 

I also think it might be helpful to reach out to the diocese of Kerry, as well as the genealogy centre in County Kerry to see if they can provide you with more records and a possible list of pupils. 

Hopefully you'll receive more tips from our experts members, and let me know if you have any other questions! 

Warm regards,

Melin