Amazing People. Really amazing.

Amazing People. Really amazing.

Author
Posted Tue 5 Mar 2019 8:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My brother and I took a trip to Ireland back in the Summer of 2016.  For part of our stay, we rented a car so we could travel around at our own pace.  We were driving into the Wicklow Mountains on our way to Glendalough, when the car had some motor problems and we were stuck on the side of the road waiting for the rental company to switch out cars.  They said it could be up to 3 hours.  It just so happened that we broke down about 100 meters from a house and very soon after we broke down a couple came out and immediately introduced themselves.  When they found out how long they were going to have to wait, Britta immediately called the rental service from my phone and demanded a quicker turnaround time.  Roy ushered us out onto their deck and offered us tea and biscuits. And he sat and visited with us until the rental service brought the new car.

If anyone knows Roy and Britta who live on the way to Glendalough (we never got their last name), please tell them that my brother and I have never forgotten them and are still very appreciative of their hospitality.  
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 10:31 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Leah, 

Thanks so much for sharing this lovely story with us. 

It's wonderful to hear that Britta and Roy were so hospitable and helpful when your car broke down! :) 

How was the rest of your trip to Glendalough? 

Warm regards,

Melin