Doolin

Doolin

Author
Posted Tue 5 Mar 2019 8:24 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My brother and I went to Ireland in the Summer of 2016.  We flew into Dublin, spent a few days there, then drove across the island to Doolin.  This town is most famous for the Cliffs of Moher, which are just up the road.  But while the cliffs were breathtaking and made for a nice background, it was the little town that impressed me the most.  We spent 2 nights in Doolin and it just felt like a place where you could unwind and relax.  Our troubles melted away there.  We spent time down on the rock shores, enjoying sunsets.  We played pitch and putt golf on the course there.  There were shops selling quality goods, which meant we were able to pick up meaningful souvenirs rather than just cheap trinkets.  And the restaurants and pubs there served good food, without frills, which suited us just fine.  It was a lovely little town, if you're looking for someplace to rest and relax. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 1:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Leah, 

Thanks again for sharing your experiences on the island with us! 

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Doolin. :) What were some of the souvenirs you picked up there?

Warm regards,

Melin