Has anyone used Discover Ireland Tours?

Has anyone used Discover Ireland Tours?

Author
Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 1:46 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello all,

I recently came across a website www.discoverirelandtours.com and was wondering if anyone had used this company before to plan a trip? What I really like about them is the ability to pick your own activities and locations you want to visit and let them take care of compiling the itinerary and reservations. If no one has used/heard of this company before, could you recommend something similar? Mostly we want to visit the big distilleries and pubs, but also want to make a stop to Cleggan Bay to see where some relatives used to live years ago. Thanks in advance!

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 3:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Ally! 

It's great that you're thinking of exploring the Emerald Isle. :)

Discover Ireland Tours is a tourist board approved tour operator, and they offer and organise wonderful trips and itineraries. Have you been in touch with them yet? 

You can find a complete list of all of the recommended operators and travel agents here. Is there anything you absolutely wouldn't want to miss while you're on the island? Take a look at these Trip Ideas for more tips and inspiration.

I hope this was helpful, and if there is anything else you would like to know, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Warm regards, 

Melin 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 5:41 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Ally,

Lovely to hear you are coming to Ireland, my company is based on the Causeway Coast were we offer and organise private tours and itineraries and would be very happy to help you with an itinerary and reservations where needed. 

I am just back from a private tour to Westport and the surrounding area, where we drove the beautiful Wild Atlantic Way from Westport to Cliften, although we didn't get out as far as Cleggan Bay on this particular trip, it was a beautiful drive.

Please e-mail me on frances@glenara-elite-travel.co.uk if you have any questions or I can help in any way. 

Kind Regards
Frances

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 6:43 PM
View Quick Profile
HI Ally,

Since you mentioned distilleries and pubs, I thought I'd let you know of my craft beer and whiskey tours all over Ireland. 
There are many craft distilleries popping up all over Ireland which is great to see (and taste), a wonderful range of gins emerging whilst whiskey is ageing. Try to get to the Dingle Distillery who just won Best Gin in the World Gin Awards in London recently, not a bad accolade and they are also releasing their first batches of whiskey.
Over West there is the Connaght distillery in Ballina along with Lough Ree distillery. Plenty of choices in Dublin with Jameson, Teelings and the new Pearse Lyons distillery which I highly recommend and another one due to open soon in the Liberties. It's all happening in the whiskey world right now. If you go to Cleggan make sure you get over to Inis Bofin, it's such a beautiful island. Ferries go from Cleggan pier.

I'm sure Discover Ireland Tours are great and if you'd like to check out another option, here's my website
www.breweryhops.com
I drive and guide small groups of up to 16.

I hope you enjoy your trip regardless.
Sláinte,
Mia