Headstone Lookups

Headstone Lookups

Author
Posted Sun 24 Mar 2019 11:27 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Just wondering if anyone does headstone searches / pictures  for people searching overseas. I have a listing for an Isabella Dwyer from Glasnevin. She was buried in Goldenbridge cemetery.  She is listed as dying October 1, 1866 at the age of 26. Last known address Constabulary Depot, Naas, Kildare. Her last son was born at the barracks there in 1865. Cannot find a death record at the GRO.  
Wondered if they would have more information on the headstone or in their records.  Burial record is # X82380 Longtitude Hh, Latitude 8. 
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks you 

Sharon
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Mar 2019 10:58 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Sharon,

You have quite a lot of information there so I'm sure it should be easy to get the details you require. You should get in touch with Glasnevin Trust as they look after the Goldenbridge Cemetary. The website is : https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/
I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Regards,
Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Mar 2019 11:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:14 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hello Sharon,

I saw that you've already written us in this previous thread, and I'll happy to help you with your search.

Sometimes it can be a bit tricky looking for your ancestors, especially when there's no death record at the GRO. That being said, I'd like to suggest that you have a look at the Glasnevin Cemetery Museum website: they can help you search for your family history and discover more about the stories of the people buried in Goldenbridge cemetery.

I hope this helps you and please do keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Francesco
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Mar 2019 2:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:36 PM Visits: 21.9K
Hi Sharon,
I have been in touch with a contact in Dublin and received the following message - 
Goldenbridge is under the trust of Glasnevin. If you want, you could contact the Resident Genealogist in Glasnevin, who is is a great help -  Lynn Brady lbrady@glasnevintrust.ie Tel: +353 1 882 65 36
My contact will also try and get to the cemetery himself and will try to find the site and take some pictures. However, this will not be for a week or so. I will post the pictures, once I have received them.
I hope this helps.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Apr 2019 8:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:36 PM Visits: 21.9K
Good morning Sharon,
I have some more updates for you. The brother of a colleague went to the cemetery and came back with the following - 
"We found the exact location with the details given (# X82380 Longtitude Hh, Latitude 8). It's an unmarked grave so the photos will help to see the space where the grave is.
Looking at the first pic below - The second grave stone from the left is that of Peter Hendrick 1832 - this is Longtitude Gg. So the unmarked grave is directly in front of Peter Hendrick (between Hendrick and the tree).
From another angle - 2nd pic - the gravestone in the foreground is Peter Hendrick - the taller, white-ish stone further back is that of Eliza Moran 1862. She is in Latitude 8. So the unmarked grave is between her and the tree (see blue dot).

I hope this info helps. Where you able to get some more info yourself?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/18-04-2019/6417d787-62c4-4a05-822b-8dd5.jpg
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/18-04-2019/12bb2578-3161-4c9d-b9c8-c7b2.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Apr 2019 3:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you so much for all of your efforts.  I was hoping there would be a headstone with more information on it. Since there is no death record, I cannot be sure if this is my Isabella. I visited Glasnevin when we were in Ireland and that was the only Isabella Dwyer that they had a record for. Not sure where else to look to confirm that it is her. 

Thank you again

Regards, Sharon