Irish kilts

Irish kilts

Author
Posted Fri 29 Mar 2019 9:51 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I just wants to buy Irish kilts. Do you know any suppliers who make best quality Tartan kilts?
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Viktoria, 

That is a really good question! Ireland is known for its tweed and wool crafts, which are used in the making of kilts and many other pieces of clothing and accessories.

Are you interested in creating your own personal tartan? The Irish tartans aren't based on the family name as in Scotland, but on the area they are from. For example, the tartan from County Cork will be different than the tartan from County Meath. You can find some helpful information in this other thread about Family Tartans.

County Donegal is famous for its tweed, but you can find expert weavers all over the island. If you reach out to them they will gladly tell you more about the possibilities. I have collected a few suggestions for you below:
In addition, Veronica researched her family roots and the corresponding tartan for a kilt, and I think the information in her thread might come in handy as well! 

I hope this was helpful, and that our other members will be able to provide you with more tips and information. Just give me a shout if you have any other questions! :)

Warm regards,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Feb 2020 1:33 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Top Quality with affordable prices 5 yard and 8 yard kilts with Ghillie shirts, brooch, socks and sporrans available at Vipkilts. They are based in Fairview Dublin 3.
+353 87 717 7176, contact them for collection or delivery. Recommended 
http://www.vipkiltsireland.com/
https://www.facebook.com/vipkiltsuk/