Why is the price of insurance increasing day by day in Ireland

Why is the price of insurance increasing day by day in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 1 May 2019 12:18 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
In Ireland, Car and Caravan Insurance are mostly demanded and people are finding it difficult to get their mobile homes and vehicle insured by a good insurance firm. As the prices of cars are decreasing, the insurance schemes are getting expensive. Is it necessary to get your cars insured??
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 2 May 2019 10:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello David,

I would love to point you in the right direction for more information about vehicle and motor insurance on the island of Ireland. :)

On the Citizens Information page you can find helpful information and resources about how motor insurance works in the Republic of Ireland, and take a look at the NI Direct page for Northern Ireland.

I also recommend taking a look at this helpful page about travelling by road, as well as the following other Community threads below:

- Rental Car Requirements
- I'm thinking of renting a car - What do I need to know?

If you reach out directly to the insurance company of your choice for details and specifics, they would gladly tell you more.

I hope this was helpful, and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. :) 

Warm regards,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 May 2019 6:16 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks, Melin 
I need to know is it necessary to get your cars insured
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 May 2019 8:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi David,

It is a requirement to have insurance as well as taxing the car. Here is an extract of an article from the Citizens Information page which Melin shared with you:

"It is a legal requirement to have motor insurance if you want to drive your car in a public place and you must produce a current Certificate of Insurance to pay motor tax. Failure to have motor insurance when driving is a very serious offence and drivers will incur fines, penalty points and may be disqualified from driving."

I will invite you to read the full article as they explain all you need to know about the "rules" when driving a motor vehicle in public places in Ireland. here is the link: http://bit.ly/2JBSGZT

Are you planning to drive in Northern Ireland too?