I love Arts festivals! Are there any that I can go to in Ireland?

I love Arts festivals! Are there any that I can go to in Ireland?

Author
Posted Thu 9 May 2019 8:31 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
The island of Ireland may be small, but we’re a creative bunch and we love to show off our talents. There are any number of festivals that you can go to, but if you want to see the storytellers, the performers or just the downright quirky, then head to the arts festivals.

If you’re ready to be charmed by bohemian County Galway then try the Galway International Arts Festival. Held every July, this festival is an eclectic mixture of music, theatre, opera, dance, street performances, and comedy. So whatever tickles your fancy, you’ll find it here. It has won numerous national and international awards for its spectacular programme. But hurry, tickets open in June and sell quickly.

If you’re ready to sway and swing to some funky beats then look no further than the Armagh Blues Fest held every August. A mixture of local bands and international acts play everything from Chicago rhythm to funk style, so there’s something for every discerning Blues fan here. This is a family-friendly event so young fans too can join in with the jam sessions too. Picnics, BBQs and sightseeing tours of Armagh are all accompanied by the perfect Blues soundtrack.

Held in Belfast every August, the Féile An Phobail festival has been a joyous celebration since it began in 1988. This is the festival of the people, and a celebration of global culture as well as community strength in the face of past conflicts. The festival started as just a procession of floats and local bands, but now the streets come alive with colourful displays and a huge range of events.

The world’s finest musicians, performers, writers, and artists gather every year at the Kilkenny Arts Festival in August. Classical music is a core theme here, but every genre of music is celebrated. Spread out across this medieval city, you can witness spoken word poetry, musical acts and more in the breathtaking St Canice’s Cathedral. Head to Castle Yard, where you can dance and sing along in the Secret Garden Music Sessions!

Can our Community members recommend any other festivals for people to visit?