Canadian Choir travelling to Ireland

Canadian Choir travelling to Ireland

Author
Posted Thu 9 May 2019 7:13 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am a choir director for a Canadian choir going on a tour to Ireland. We want to travel by coach and have a self directed itinerary.  Our group size is 62 adults.  Can anyone give any suggestions re coach companies that would accomodate this.  Also, venues in which to sing.
We are a choir of 38 adults singing sacred music of all genres along with some lovely secular music !  We have travelled extensively in Europe and have sung in some amazing cathedrals, small churches, and other venues. 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 9:15 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Trudi,

That sounds like a great trip, we'll be happy to help - send me an email on sandra@helloireland.com, we can organise your stay in Ireland, tailor the itinerary to suit your group. We'll provide a coach and driver and organise the accommodation and any visits you need. If you drop me a line with your phone number and I can call you to run through everything and I can can send you a quote.

Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 9:17 AM
View Quick Profile
Good morning Trudy
Great to hear that you are planning to travel to Ireland with your Choir Group and I would like to offer our company as a solution, we can provide you with all your transport needs using our fleet of coaches and assist you with planning the tour. Our company is Ei Travel Group, can you please contact me directly via email - jeremy@eitravelgroup.ie or phone - 00353 83 3535550. 

Regards

Jeremy  

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 9:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Trudi, 

It's so exciting to see that you are planning on travelling with your choir, and you have already received some helpful replies from Sandra and Jeremy. :)

On the following page you can find more resources and information on travelling by coach, as well as bus and coach operators. Is there anything that you and your fellow travellers wouldn't want to miss while you are here? Take a look at these suggested itineraries for more inspiration and ideas.

I think you will also find this thread from Segolene helpful, as he is looking for locations to play music and sing as well! It has lots of suggestions for choirs and venues, like for example the International Choir Festival in Derry-Londonderry in October, or Sing Ireland which is a community of singers on the Emerald Isle. Do you know around what time of year you would like to visit? 

I have also collected a few other links for you below which I think might come in handy: 

- List of Choral Festivals in Ireland
- List of choirs in Northern Ireland
- List of choirs in the Republic of Ireland

I hope this was the information you were looking for, and that you'll receive loads more tips from our other members. :)

Warm regards,

Melin