Travel Visa requirements?

Travel Visa requirements?

Author
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 12:13 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi my names Luke.
I will be traveling to Ireland in the middle of June, I do not have a set itinerary. I will be playing golf and touring all over the country with local friends I have there.
My question is can I have a one way ticket to Ireland along with a flight to another European country at a later date to prove I intend to leave within the allowed 90 days?
Any insight into this would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 9:17 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Luke,

As far as I'm aware, once you are travelling on a US passport, you can stay in Ireland for up to 90 days. No visa required.

Enjoy your trip,

Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 1:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello Luke,

I’m absolutely thrilled to hear that you'll be visiting our shores in June!

Regarding your visa travel requirement question, as Sandra mentioned you can stay for up to 90 days without a need for a visa. We have more information on Visa and Passport information as well as useful contacts. I would encourage you to reach out to your local Embassy/Consulate if any doubt.

So great to hear about your golf & touring around the island. Sounds like tons of fun. Is there anything you absolutely wouldn't want to miss during your visit?

Have a lovely day!

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 3:04 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Luke,

I notice you mention that you plan on playing golf on your trip to Ireland.  

Might I suggest visiting the Causeway Coast and Glens on the North Coast of Ireland which has a long established reputation for great golf!  Indeed, Royal Portrush Golf Club is hosting The 148th Open this July which will be the largest sporting event ever staged on the island of Ireland.  Unfortunately, the course is closed for play in June but there are a number of courses, both links and parkland where you can test your skills.

Please see the following link for a suggested golf itinerary in the area:-
https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/GolfItinerary.pdf

I hope you have an enjoyable trip!

Regards
Alison

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 11 May 2019 8:08 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Waterville, Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 16 Jun 2022 7:06 AM Visits: 36
Luke,

Do be aware that Ireland isn't in the Schengen Area - for USA citizens this can be tricky if you're planning an extend trip around Europe... You do mention your going on to another EU country so I thought I'd add that.....

Hope you're playing here in Waterville on your journey!

Susan
Dual USA - Irish citizen living in Waterville