Discounts for disabled people

Discounts for disabled people

Author
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 2:18 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I would like to know if anybody knows if there are any discounts for disabled people or for their carers in the following monuments: Trinity College, Dublin Castle and St. Patrick Cathedral. I've been having a look at their websites in order to buy tickets but I can't find any information about special prices for disabled people, only for students or seniors. And I even sent an email to Trinity College last week but I haven't received a reply yet. Thanks. 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 May 2019 5:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Susana,

That is a great question, thank you so much for reaching out to us with it! 

We do understand how important it is for all our guests to be able to plan ahead of a trip. One of our friends working with these locations might just have a bit of advice about ticket prices for people with disabilities and their carers. 

Are there any other spots that you'd like to learn a touch more about, by any chance? If you have any questions about accessibility or any locations you'd like to visit, we'd be more than happy to lend a helping hand. 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 17 May 2019 9:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Susana,

Often tourist attraction will advertise if they do offer any special price including for Disabled people and their carer. For example, the Dublin Zoo offers a free ticket for the Carer, as well as the Guinness Storehouse.

Based on this, if you are planning your budget, I would advise you to plan with the full price for both of you at this stage. When you arrive in Dublin, you will probably be able to find more information around offers at different sites.

Do you have any other visits planned during your stay?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 23 May 2019 10:23 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)Community Expert (65.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 43 minutes ago Visits: 22K
Hi Susana,
I have been talking to the Book of Kells attraction and have been advised, that they usually do not charge depending on the person's disability.
They suggest you should apply for tickets via bookofkells@tcd.ie
Please also take a look at the website for all frequently asked questions https://www.tcd.ie/visitors/book-of-kells/faq
I hope this helps and enjoy your trip.