Need advice for moving to Ireland

Need advice for moving to Ireland

Author
Posted Sat 11 May 2019 4:12 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello,

I am needing advice for moving to Ireland. I currently live in Colorado, USA and would like to move in about 12 months. I am having difficulty applying for jobs (I am a dental lab technician trained by the US military by trade) as well as finding clear info about applying for visas and permits. I would like advice on the best ways to get this information in a clear manner. Any additional advice would be welcome as well!

Regards,
Stephanie
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 11 May 2019 9:10 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 76K
Hi Stephanie,

It's great that you found your way to our community!

Even though we can not legally advise about work visas, I would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

You can find a lot of information about moving and working in Ireland on the Citizens Information website. Non-EEA nationals need an employment permit to work in Ireland and the website will tell you more about this. On the same website you can find information on how to find a job in Ireland.

I hope you'll find this information useful.

Kind regards,
Antoine