If you could visit one place in Ireland where would it be?

If you could visit one place in Ireland where would it be?

Author
Posted Tue 14 May 2019 3:04 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I'm researching travel destinations for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 grown children ages 19 - 23) that want to spend 1 day in Ireland (arrive on a Sunday afternoon and depart on a Tuesday morning). 

Looking for history and adventure. Private tour guide. 5- start accommodation. 

If you had one day, anywhere in Ireland, where would you go and why?

Thank you!!!

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 May 2019 9:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Anne, 

That's a great question! :) I would love to point you in the right direction for more information about tours, guides, history and adventures. 

What is on the itinerary for this family so far, and where on the island will they arrive? You can find an overview of all tourist board approved guided tours here, and for a private driver or chauffeur, I recommend taking a look at helpful this thread from Kerry for more information and tips. 

For history and adventure, the first thing that comes to mind is Ireland's Ancient East, as it has everything from Viking history, to castles and a tomb older than the pyramids. These locations are just a stone-throw away from Dublin, where you can find even more adventurous activities like paddle boarding and rock climbing. These are of course just a few tips, and you can find more suggestions in these Trip Ideas.

Once you know what you would like to see and do, you can start looking at accommodation via this handy tool. Simply select where you would you like to stay, and all of the available options will pop up. There are several types of accommodation (what about staying in a castle?), and I have already pre-selected the 5-star option for you.

Lastly, my own personal favourite location on the island, even though it is hard to choose, would be County Donegal. It is beautiful all year round, with magnificent views and cliffs, and lovely people. 

I hope this was helpful, and that you'll receive loads more recommendations, tips and suggestions from our other members. We do have quite a few history buffs here. :)

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 15 May 2019 1:19 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good afternoon Anne
Thank you for your post, we specilise in offering small groups, tailored tours that suit your clients needs. Using our own fleet of vehicles and expert guides we can design a perfect day. For full details please contact me directly - jeremy@eitravelgroup.ie or 00353833535550. 
Looking forward to hearing from you. 
Regards
Jeremy