Wild Atlantic Way

Wild Atlantic Way

Author
Posted Thu 23 May 2019 7:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My family and I will traveling the Wild Atlantic Way from Galway to Sligo. I am trying to figure how many km this trip will be or about how long the drive will take.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 24 May 2019 9:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)Community Member (12.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Ha Adele,

Leuk dat je ons hier gevonden hebt!

The Wild Atlantic Way from Galway to Sligo depends a little bit on the route you will be taking, if you would want to stick as close to the coastline as possible and take in all the stops and towns along the way, or if you would like to choose some main points along the way.

The drive itself is about 600km, give or take a few depending on the stops you make along the way, or if you divert a bit from the route to explore the area.

There are many places to stop along the way, where you can explore and stay overnight to have a bit of a rest along the way and give yourself some time to immerse yourself fully in the area.

The route will take you along part of the Northern Headlands and the Surf Coast, where you can take your time to experience life on the water and in the waves, and County Sligo and County Galway have some hidden pearls that you might want to explore.

If you are looking to go camping, there are some amazing campings where you can wake up right next to the Atlantic Ocean, or if you prefer B&Bs or hotels, you can find approved accommodation with our accommodation search engine.

I would certainly advise to take a few days to explore this part of the Wild Atlantic Way, and to pick some places along the way where you can explore and go sightseeing. What kind of thing do you like to do while you're on holiday?

Hartelijke groeten,
Cornelia