Wild Atlantic Way road trip Help!

Wild Atlantic Way road trip Help!

Author
Posted Sun 26 May 2019 2:50 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Looking for some help and recommendations to plan our 5 day trip in the second week in November. Flying into Cork, hiring car and wanting to drive up the coast to Galway for 4 days before taking a direct route back to Cork on the 5th day. Wanting to stay in or close to pubs with accommodation and sea views experiencing seafood and Irish music along the way.

Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 May 2019 9:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Ha Rupert,

Wat leuk dat je ons gevonden hebt!

The trip from Cork to Galway can lead you along some very lovely coastal areas, and you'll find some wonderful examples of seafood along the way.

If you want to stick to the coastline there are some places along the way where you might like to stop. One great way of picking your route is by taking bits from the various pre-set routes to make your own bespoke travel route.

You could for instance take the Haven Coast route, followed by parts of the Southern Peninsulas route and pick your favourite stop along the way to wake up to the sound of the Atlantic ocean and maybe take a chance on meeting Fungie while you're there.

Further towards Galway you can pick parts of the Cliff Coast route, which will take you all the way up to Galway city. Are there any special parts of the coast that you have in mind to visit while you're touring?

Our accommodation search engine has a map view that will allow you to see where along the route the accommodation is, which is also very handy if you change your route, as you can just do a quick check for the area. Would you be looking to spend every night in a different place?

Hopefully these tips will give you some inspiration for your perfect route, and fellow travellers or industry partners will hopefully chime in with some tips from their own experiences as well!

Warm regards,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Dec 2023 9:01 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
For a true coastal experience with pubs, seafood, and Irish music, consider stopping in places like Clonakilty, Dingle, and Lahinch. These towns are known for their vibrant music scenes and delicious seafood.