Tour with Rental Car and Driver

Tour with Rental Car and Driver

Author
Posted Mon 27 May 2019 12:10 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello. My name is Danish. My family and I are planning a trip to Ireland, From June 07 of 2019. We have decided to rent cars, so we can see what we want and move at our own pace. But to be honest, I am nervous about driving. And quite frankly, would rather pay attention to the scenery. As opposed to making sure I'm on the right side of the road. Can anyone suggest a reputable, reasonable and honest local to do the driving for me for 5 days? Do they offer such a service? Any help is much appreciated.

I am planning to visit the following places
1. Dublin
2. Powerscourt, Glendalough, and Wicklow mountain
3. Waterford
4. Cliff of Moher
5. Dingle(Killarney and some Ring of Kerry)
6. Cork
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 May 2019 2:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Danish, 

It's so exciting that you and your family are planning on visiting us so soon! :) I am more than happy to see what I can do to point you in the right direction. 

Driving on the left side of the road can be a bit strange at first, but most people get used to it quite quickly because the car and whole road lay-out is designed for traffic on this side. It's always a good idea to practice and get accustomed in the parking area before you hit the road, and you can find more helpful tips for first time left side of the road drivers in this thread from Lizabeth

I completely understand if you prefer to sit back, relax and enjoy the view though. :) Have you already arranged your car rental for your visit? 

In this case I would definitely recommend a professional driver or chauffeur, as they have a great knowledge of the island and will be able to take you on an amazing trip. There are approved and recommended private driver and chauffeur services all over the island, and I'm sure they would love to tell you more about the possibilities if you reach out to them directly.

I have also collected a few threads for you below with helpful resources and information which I think will come in handy:

- Private Driver
- Is it possible to get a van driver for hire?
- Personal Driver 

I hope this was helpful, and that some of our other members will be able to provide you with more tips, ideas and suggestions. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions! 

Warm regards,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 May 2019 2:51 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Melin,

Is it possible to do this tour independently with the help of Public transportation?
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 May 2019 4:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Danish,

That is a wonderful question!

Public transportation here in Ireland is quite robust, with access to rails, buses, and other ways to get around our little isle.

In fact, there's a thread here in the community that compares using public transport vs renting a vehicle, which might help answer a few of your questions. There are also some wonderful resources listed, like Transport for Ireland, a lovely site which can help you plan your trip and find transport.

If you do need a bit of advice with finding the best routes to accommodate your schedule, I'd be more than happy to lend a helping hand as well. Just let us know what you need!

Speak soon,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:21 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Ashan,

So how did your trip go?
Hope you were able to go to all the places you wanted to visit. ☺️