Kerry Dark Sky Night Tour

Kerry Dark Sky Night Tour

Author
Posted Tue 28 May 2019 9:35 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello. My name is Danish. My family and I are planning a trip to Ireland, We will be in Dingle for two nights starting from June 9 of 2019.

Can anyone suggest me a Dark Sky Night Tour.

Any help is much appreciated.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 28 May 2019 2:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello again, Danish! 

What a great idea to go stargazing! :) Ireland is home to two Gold Tier International Dark Sky Places, and they are both located on the west coast. 

The first option, and closest to Dingle, is the Kerry International Dark Sky Reserve. You can book a tour with a guide around the area and learn all about the constellations and more. 

The second option is the Mayo Dark Sky Park, where you can go on a tour with one of the knowledgeable guides who can show you the night sky in the Nephin Mountain Range and along the Atlantic coastline. 

If you reach out to the the Kerry International Dark Sky Reserve and Mayo Dark Sky Park directly they would be more than happy to tell you about the options. I also think this other thread about Stargazing might have some interesting information and resources for you. 

I hope this is the information you are looking for, and that you'll receive more suggestions from our other members. :) 

Warm regards, 

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 28 May 2019 6:57 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Dear Melin,

I am trying to book Tour(http://kerrydarksky.com/contact-us/) on the same site as you shared but no one responding neither to call nor to email.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 May 2019 8:16 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Ahsan,

Maybe give them a couple of days to get the time to reply to your email. They may receive few requests and may take time to respond to everyone.

Have you used their contact form or their direct email, darkskykerry@gmail.com? - The link you shared gave me an error message.

Regarding contacting them by phone, 0353 834489069, be mindful of the time difference and maybe try to contact them between 3 to 5 pm GMT. They do not have opening hours or days, so it might take a few attempts to get through them.

I understand you are eager to have all planned as you will be soon with us, have you booked the accommodation already?

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 May 2019 8:17 AM
View Quick Profile
I have tried all as you mentioned but no reply. It is more than 3 weeks now.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 May 2019 8:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Sorry to hear Ahsan.
You mentioned that you are staying in Dingle for a couple of nights when in Ireland it may be easier to get in touch with them through others. Do not hesitate to talk to the locals as well as the tourism center in the area. Actually, why not trying to contact the local tourism office now? Here you have the details of the Dingle office; they might be able to give you more information or help with the booking.

I understand that you would prefer to do the tour with a guide, but you can also enjoy the fantastic sky in this light pollution free zone by yourself. As you are renting a car, you could drive along the road shown here.