I'm on a budget, but would like to stay somewhere nice. What are my options?

I'm on a budget, but would like to stay somewhere nice. What are my...

Author
Posted Thu 6 Jun 2019 8:22 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Whether you’re on a budget or willing to splurge, when you visit the island of Ireland, there’s accommodation to suit everyone’s wallet. Being on a budget doesn’t mean the accommodation is any less than luxurious…

Luxury accommodation doesn’t mean that you have to have deep pockets. Even for those on a budget, you can find a little piece of luxury, and there’s no finer example of this than at Rayanne House in County Down. This stylish B&B has won awards for its lavish nine-course meal, a faithful recreation of the last meal ever served on the ‘ship of dreams’, the HMS Titanic. All nine rooms have en-suite facilities, and rooms start from as little as €60 pps. You can even stay in the ‘Rory Room’ – a special nod to this town’s most famous son, Rory McIlroy.

If you find yourself in County Kilkenny, the only place to go is Springview House in Urlingford. You’ll find a warm welcome awaiting you from the Joyce family, who own this 18th-century house. Set on a lush 130-acre estate, this gorgeous manor house won B&B of the year in 2017. This is luxury without the luxury price tag. From as little as €30 pps you can experience life on a working dairy and Angus beef farm and explore the nearby medieval city of Kilkenny.

A great way to save money is to go self-catered! Blessingbourne Estate in County Tyrone offers award-winning self-catered apartments. Sleeping up to five people, these beautiful apartments start from €156 per night which works out as little as €31 per person! For those conscious of their carbon footprint, it’s easy to be green here when you can take advantage of local produce from the independent shops in the community. Centered around a courtyard on the estate, there’s a communal vibe that is unique to Blessingbourne.

If you really want to feel part of a community then try Generator Hostel in County Dublin, just one of the many hostels available on the island of Ireland. Whether you choose a communal dorm or splash out a little for a private room, this is a great base to explore vibrant Dublin.

But if these don’t tickle your fancy, there’s always plenty of choice wherever you stay on the island of Ireland!

Can our Community members recommend any other places to stay?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/06-06-2019/b0c5e476-3b99-42f1-86a2-5ae7.jpg

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 12 Feb 2023 10:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)Industry Member (20 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 14 Feb 2023 8:50 PM Visits: 24
www.chambersofdistinction.com

A unique, boutique place to stay in Belfast with character, history and a warm welcome.