Airbnb in Dublin and rest of Ireland

Airbnb in Dublin and rest of Ireland

Author
Posted Tue 11 Jun 2019 12:51 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Does anyone know what has been decided on Airbnb rentals in Dublin and all of Ireland? I read some restrictions happen June 1. Any news??
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:27 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Mary,

This is a great question, and as you mentioned it's a hot topic.
The restriction you are referring is based on the new Residential Tenancy Act. If you would like to know more about this act, I would invite you to check the Citizens information's website.

If you are looking for accommodation in Dublin, we will recommend you to have a look at our full listing. There you will find approved accommodation from hostels to hotels but also self-catering options.

Elodie
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Jun 2019 6:38 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you very much for the information.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 13 Jun 2019 8:01 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
No worries Mary.
Is there anything else I can help you with? 

Know that if you need any help with planning your trip or if you are looking for some tips, our community is there!
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Jul 2019 11:01 AM
View Quick Profile
I've been quite concerned regarding the new legislation re AirBnB holiday let's, as the owners I have contacted are not taking any bookings for the 2020. 
I'm looking for a 2week stay in a self catering house for 3 adults in Cork City or as close as possible, I need to be able to access public transport to get aound, any suggestions?
Thanks 
GA
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Geraldine,

While the changes to the rules regarding short term rentals have had an affect on many of the Airbnb properties, there is still plenty of approved self-catering accommodation available. 

I have pre-selected self-catering and County Cork to get you started, please feel free to change the location from the drop-down menu to alter the destination. 

For information on public transport options, please have a look at our article. We also use Transport for Ireland's helpful journey planner to work out possible transport options available. 

What other locations are you looking to travel to during your stay?

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you, Martin. So far no Airbnb has cancelled. Arriving Sept 18 for 3 weeks and can't wait. Hoping no one cancels and if so your information is very helpful.
Thank you again.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Jul 2019 9:33 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
You are most welcome, Mary!

If you need any more information, please get back to us here or try our website for some extra trip ideas.

September is a great time to visit, still nice and light in the evenings but less busy than the main season.

Martin