I'm visiting Ireland but I'm a vegetarian. Where can I find the best vegetarian/vegan places to eat?...

I'm visiting Ireland but I'm a vegetarian. Where can I find the best...

Author
Posted Thu 13 Jun 2019 8:45 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
With 16 Michelin stars all around the island and a thriving food scene, there’s no better place to be a vegetarian or vegan than on the island of Ireland. When it comes to catering for dietary requirements, it comes as no surprise that Ireland has a wealth of choices for you to choose from. With so many fresh and innovative menus, you’ll be spoilt for choice wherever you go!

Paradiso in County Cork was something of a trailblazer when it burst out onto the scene in the 1990s. This was one of the first exclusively vegetarian restaurants on the island of Ireland. Now this restaurant consistently has a full house and booking is essential if you want to experience their tasty fare. Winners of numerous awards, including the World Restaurant Awards and Ireland’s best restaurant in TripAdvisor’s Traveller Choice Awards, this a must for any discerning vegetarian.

For something a little sweeter, try the Ursa Minor Bakehouse in County Antrim. This Causeway Coast bakehouse has gone from strength to strength, winning the ‘Local Heroes’ 2019 Irish Restaurant Awards, and there’s a real emphasis for quality over quantity so once it’s gone… it’s gone. Not only can you sample their delicious treats, you can even book a tour and knead the dough yourself. But bring your strength as kneading dough is tough work!

If you want to go where the locals go, then a trip to Dublin wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Cornucopia. This veggie mecca was one of the first to be established in the city in 1986. This was a passion project of Deirdre O’Mara and her late husband, Neil McCafferty, and is now the place to go when vegetarians and vegans flock to the city. There’s a daily changing menu to reflect local produce and supplier needs, so no two visits will be the same when you vis this homely little café on Wicklow Street.

Aptly named ‘The Happiness Trap’, you’ll never leave the premises anything short of delighted in this charming little café in County Fermanagh. There is an emphasis on sustainability and healthy living in this cosy café, and this is reflected in the delicious, plant-based nibbles on offer here.

Can our Community members recommend any other vegetarian/vegan foodie delights?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/13-06-2019/fc07aa59-c926-4015-9959-c222.jpg